Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Week 10: Quick Like a Bunny

I knew home school would take up a lot of time, but I find myself so busy that blogging is becoming more difficult. I'm going to stick with it though, because it's basically our family year book. I'm just maybe not going to end up covering as much in each blog. Think of it as a high light reel.

There wasn't a ton going on this week, we continued with our no recipe repeat October. I made Eggplant Parmesan, A beef stir fry type thing, and Baked Shrimp Scampi. That along with some other things like hamburgers, and football food.
The Candy Bar Election is in full swing, so if you haven't seen the videos, you should go check them out. We even had breaking news, where Peyton put on a very informative newscast.
Hayden opted for the spelling in the bucket this week too. The weather is really starting to cool off (mid to low 80s), and the pool water is significantly colder, so we probably won't be down at the pool for awhile.

Asa passed another class, rootbeer floats for everyone! That makes 6 classes done, and 1 month left in this semester.
We never made it to Orlando like we wanted (I heard the parks were SUPER busy anyway), but that meant we got to make it to the Fresh Market. It also meant Whatever pops! (and a snow cone for Hayden)
A quick trip to the library, and a browse through the book sale, and we were home in time to see the Gators crush South Carolina.

In my crafty moments, I also made Hayden curtains for his bunk beds, and they are pretty awesome. I kind of want some for my bed now. He had been using blankets to make a fort for the past couple of weeks, and Asa was getting sick of always having to fix them, so I decided I could make some curtains. He loves them.
Sunday the Bucs weren't blacked out for the first time in forever, meaning here in Tampa we could actually watch them on TV!! So, Kevin, Katie, Angela, JD, Tracy, Johnny, Temps and Justin came over.

Kevin and Katie brought Leia, their dog. She was a little nervous around ours, but overall had a nice visit. It was just a lot of dogs, Katie and I got a little overwhelmed with them all on the couch with us.

I'm not sure I want to talk about the game. It was heart breaking. We thought we had scored the game tying touchdown just as time expired, only to see a flag had been thrown, there was no tie, and we lost. To the Saints of all teams. Luckily, Tracy had brought a cake so we could all eat our feelings.

Also worth noting, Peyton and I have tickets to go to the Obama rally on Thursday. We're pretty excited about it. To be fair though, we hear Romney might be coming to town too. If he does we're going to try and make it there too.

Thats it. I didn't write anything down this week, and I have all kinds of things to do, so I'm out of here already.

Next Up: An Ohio visitor, an Obama rally, and Pumpkins!

No comments:

Post a Comment