Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Week 18: A One Year Old Porkchop




Has it seriously been 18 weeks since my birthday? Ugh. I'm just not getting any younger. The thirties it is for me, gross.

Anyway, the most important event of the week was Porkchops birthday! I'm lucky enough to know his, Sophie, and Gracie's actual birthday. Phenom is much more the mystery, so he doesn't usually get a party. And by party, I mean a cake and some birthday hats. Porkchop wasn't a birthday hat fan though, so he just went right for the cake. I'd like to take this moment to thank my wonderful husband for getting me porkchop, because 'puppies heal hearts'. Porkchop is the best puppy in the whole world, and despite his short comings of licking my toes in the morning (no, really, it's gross), and getting too excited when I've been gone for 20 minutes and I get back, he's super fun and awesome. And, I love my puppy- so thanks, Asa!
It's Wednesday so I already feel behind on getting this up- and it's the Holiday Season so I'm neck deep in projects: sewing, baking, decorating, crafting, cleaning. And while not going to Ohio saved me a weekend, I blew that weekend a couple days ago being lazy around the house. So now I'm trying to jam pack everything in like the usual Christmas around here- at least I got that weekend though!

Monday I was grumpy, and the boys in this house saw this, and jumped right on the lets clean up bandwagon. The dryer and the washer had broken- we were going to have to call in repair guys, and the house was a disaster. I was off wrapping presents in the bedroom, and when I came out, the house was magically clean. Asa asked the boys : 'And why did we do this for mom?', and Peyton yelled out "Because we care about her!" Asa claims this was not rehearsed, but given Peyton's attitude lately, that raises an eyebrow. Still, it was nice, and the house is still fairly clean.

We had a casualty of the week: Hayden's backpack. This reaffirmed to me I should have gotten Jansport ones, as it lasted just over three months. And, fyi, it's not easy to find a kids backpack when it's not back to school time- at least for a reasonable price. Amazon to the rescue I suppose.

Thursday I ended up making a punch board for the boys and their Christmas activities instead of just posting them on the dry erase board. Think that Price-Is-Right game where you punch to find the half car paper- except you end up with like 250 bucks. These prizes are not as exciting as 250 bucks, or a car, but the boys get excited about whose turn it is to punch.
When they got home they got to do their first punch- it was to make Chocolate spoons. You melt chocolate, put it on a spoon, put marshmallows or sprinkles or whatever on the spoons and then let me harden. We actually used them later to stir our hot chocolate with breakfast for dinner night.

I did also make my own pattern and sew an Octopus. I'm pretty handy and crafty like that. It was just the prototype, but I feel like I can find a way to whip up whatever people ask me to do- perhaps I'm a little sewing full of myself, but I have big plans for this week coming up so my skills are defiantly going to be put to the test. I can't wait to see how it turns out- and share it with everyone!

Fridays punch was a Christmas Movie of their choosing. They picked the animated version of a Christmas Carol, which is like having to watch Scrooge in half an hour. No musical numbers or dancing on coffins, but the gist is the same- and I still have the memories of lincoln logs, and stitches.

Saturday I had to make a run to the grocery store, and to Kohls to spend my Kohls cash- and I was so grateful I was done shopping, because there was millions of people everywhere. Draw back of the holiday season- small aisles, tons of people, and chicks just as bad at cart maneuvering as they are driving (this does not include me, fyi, I'm awesome at both). When I got home we did our activity, which was making a yarn snowman. You take glue, mix with a little water (and don't put it in a white bowl or your middle child may think theres nothing in said bowl and flip it upside down sending glue everywhere), and then dip the yarn in glue, and string around a balloon. When it dries, pop the balloon and you have a yarn ball- stack three of them and you have a snowman. I don't think we used enough glue though, because the bottom two balls kind of collapsed into each other, causing Hayden to say the snowman was melting.

Saturday also saw the Handyman award going to Asa, as he fixed our dryer with a part he ordered off the internet and a youtube video. I wonder how people fixed things before you tube? I also wonder if you tube have put a lot of repair men out of business. Eventually, the boys friends called, and they went over to play. Asa and I then got a pretty quiet afternoon at home, it was really nice.

Sunday we watched the Bucs, sort of, thank you black out- and worked on finishing up Hayden's homework, in which the teacher expected him to write words on a line most grown ups couldn't fit the words in. I told Asa he would have to handle it, so he just had Hayden draw a line from the wordbank to the line he was supposed to write it on. We didn't hear back, so it must be A-O-K.
Sunday's punch was to decorate the house for Christmas- and as I took down some things to make room for the Christmas decorations, I realized a lot of these things won't go back up. One way or another we're going to have to move in the next few months. I want to be ahead of the packing game when that time comes.

Bucs games are just turning out to be a painful way to spend our Sundays, but at least Tim Tebow won- which is AWESOME. It's the final weeks of our fantasy football league in the family too, and despite Asa trying to throw his game against me so it wasn't an all kid super bowl, he pretty much won. However, he ended up taking out some players and leaving slots empty so I could win. The kids didn't seem to notice.. so shhh!!

Monday we decorated the fridge to look like a snowman, and Tuesday the boys let me record them singing Grandma Got Run Over By a Reindeer, which was hilarious. You should go to you tube to check it out. Asa spent the first half of this week, and the last half of last week working at work from 8-5. We all hate this new schedule, and can't wait for it to be over. He's not getting home till almost 6, and that's super lame. Yay for his normal schedule of out at 3.

Thats it for the week, I'll leave you with some entertaining quotes from the week.

Hayden: are you guys dating?
Me: well, i dont know if I want to date him. but, I wanna be married to him.
Hayden: married? ew! gross.

Me: thems the rules. i dont make them.
peyton: looks at me
Me: ok, well, I guess I do make them.

Hayden: I got a sticker at school today
Me: what did you get a sticker for?
Hayden: I finsihed my test, and I didn't even make one noise.
Me: Good Job, Hayden
Hayden: You weren't allowed to talk. But you could breathe.

Why do I picture the teacher saying 'I don't want to hear a sound', and Hayden raising his hand asking if breathing was ok?


Next Up: Christmas Mania!

No comments:

Post a Comment