Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Slippin' N Slidin'

I am pleased with myself, I have been keeping up with the blog, though in all honesty I won't touch it the next few days in Vegas. I just haven't posted them because they are sans pictures, due to slow internet, and a kid who has hogged the laptop.

So back to it!

Saturday July 13- Vaction Day 9; Toledo Zoo

Plans changed a lot during our time here, and we missed a trip to the zoo, so we planned on having a quick trip on Saturday, so after finishing sewing the quilt we packed up and headed to Toledo for the day.

We stopped by the polar bears to see the cubs, although they've gotten pretty big. 


And then went over to see the giant crocodile. He's 17 feet long!My grandma has been sending Peyton articles about the crocodile's travel from Australia to the zoo, so Peyton had really wanted to see him. It was hard to capture his size on camera, but trust me.. this is one LARGE crocodile. 


 The kids area at the Toledo Zoo is awesome, and I'll be sad when my kids outgrow it. But for now, they enjoyed the creek, the face masks, the climbing wall, and the guinea pigs.


After our zoo trip, we went over for a quick trip to visit Grandpa Sattler. I didn't get to see him in May when I was up, so it was nice to fit in a visit. He enjoyed seeing the boys too, and commented on how big they'd gotten. Peyton was amused because the last name of grandpa's neighbor is Bacon.


A couple of stops for errands, and we got to grandma's. Mom, Aunt Bonnie, and Grandma had dinner with the boys while I met Ben for dinner over at Max and Ermas. The cheese fries are still delicious, but slightly different. And I was totally happy the tomato basil mozzarella chicken sandwich was still on the menu. It had been years since I had been to Max and Ermas!

We had some early birthday cake for mom, after I had gotten back, and arrived back in Fremont just after Cort and Holly arrived with Gwen and Garrett.

Sunday July 14- Vacation Day 10; Mom's Birhtday

Sunday everyone went to church, while I stayed with the kids. We found this as prime time to get out the slip n slide grandma had bought the boys from this trip.

After everyone got back from church and we had lunch, I agreed to do the slip n slide if my mom did, and so on her 63rd birthday, she went slip n sliding. It was actually a lot more fun than I thought it would be, but I'm feeling it today.
 

We had her cake outside in our swimsuits, complete with a sparkler for a candle.

Then, we all went up to Toledo to see grandma and finish the quilt we've been working on for Tim and Emily's wedding. Cort and Holly even helped tie it.

Hayden stayed out of the way, and found a spot to play with the infamous blocks under the card table. 

And grandma even tied the very last tie, finishing the quilt. 

When it was done we took some pictures, had pizza for dinner on the porch, and visited a little while longer. All in all, mom said she had a great birthday.

Monday July 15- Vacation Day 11; High School Reunion Tour

The boy started their first day of kids college, so I took the opportunity to go out and about. After packing up some things, and running a few errands, I met Nathan and Blair at a Sandwich shop in BG for lunch.

On the way back, I stopped my Gibsonburg to see a friend from grade school and high school. Her mom was even my 7th grade teacher, and I got to see her.

I picked the kids up from kids college, and they played on the slip n slide for awhile, opting to do that instead of hitting one of the community pools. They even decided to fill up sand buckets with water, and go 'bowling' with them. 

Then we went to dinner with another high school friend at Chuds. She had taken Flat Peyton to PA and DE, so she handed him off to me in person.

And so, my run in Ohio came to a close. Ten days went by quick, I know I missed a few things I wanted to do, but we still fit in a lot. I did eventually make good on the promise to wash and vaccum the car after the safari trip too. 

Next Up: Vegas! 

No comments:

Post a Comment