Wednesday, August 12, 2015

34th Birthday-Weekend- Extravaganza!

This "weekend" we celebrated my birthday. It's been a rough month around here, and I'm  to a point where every little thing that goes wrong isn't rolling off my back quiet so easily. So, I'll try and refrain from the things that went wrong this weekend, and focus on the good. Because, let's face it, I'm not going to want to go back and read about crappy things. So, except for the cake incident (I'll explain later), I'll keep this quick, light, and grateful for all the fun I did have. I mean, every birthday can't be my 32nd, do you guys remember that? It was awesome!

Saturday night Calib and Peyton had their lock in at the library for the end of their summer reading, so when they came home at 8 am, they went right to sleep, which meant it was just me, Asa, and Hayden for the day. (You might remember he same thing happened last year only it was ON my birthday, not the day before.)

Sunday morning was members only training camp for the Buccaneers. I would say I'm super excited football is back, but let's be honest, it's not really back. Pre-season is in no way football. 



We got our free t-shirts.. 


And Hayden got to play all kinds of games.. 







Plus, you guys, Famous Jameis! 




We also went out to the Aquarium... 








.. And we had a drink while Hayden played in the splash pad. 



We also stopped at the farmer's market. 


We made the most of our passes over the next few days. We went to Busch Gardens. 


And per my birthday request, we went and fed the kangaroos. 








We also used our cards for some free bowling! 


Dancing at the Bowling Alley embarrasses Calib, FYI. 







There was a PDQ trip. 




And a date day to Disney. I had $25 for my birthday to use at a Landry's own restaurant, so we stopped by the T-Rex cafe for an appetizer filled lunch... 


...and the bill came to $2.11! 


Downtown Disney is really coming along too, I'm excited to see it when it's all opened and officially "Disney Springs" 





Oh, and we finally got to use our groupon we had gotten before our anniversary to go on the hot air balloon ride. 




Pretty cool views from up there! 



And we got a sneak peek of construction behind the walls. 




We also went over to Port Orleans for some beignets. . 



When we were home everyone would play whatever games I wanted, so I took full advantage. We played lost cities... 


...Catan... 


...Ticket to Ride... 


...And you guys, they played Lifeboats with me! 



Justin was over one night too, so we played six person Spy Alley! 


I collected all kinds of my free birthday food too. 


Asa and I split some free Moe's nachos.. 


..we had free PDQ from a couple weeks ago... 


..I got my free burger at Red Robin... 



...and blizzard at DQ.. 


And whenever we were home Asa took my requests for dinner. We had General Tso's. 


..Shrimp Po Boys.. 


... and Potatoes! 


We also had a smores bar one night. 


Madison came over to join in. 


Hayden presented me a toy time line of my life for my birthday.. 



...and made me a card, as if I were a president. 



Asa made me the best birthday card I've ever seen. 


(Ah-mazing!) 


You might be wondering about the cake incident. Well, I always have an Angel Food cake. But, apparently the place where all the stores get their cakes from had some incident with their eggs, and nobody anywhere was selling angel food cake. I was super bummed about it. Justin, however, said he would make me whatever cake I wanted. I didn't want anyone to go through lots of trouble, so I said "I like Boston Creme, or Cheesecake, or Red Velvet, really any dessert. Whatever's easiest, I appreciate the effort." 

So, Justin messages Asa about coming over to bring me my cake. And Asa asks what kind he decided on making. Justin's reply: "I don't know." Which is a confusing answer. So, Asa tells me "Just remember, it's the thought that counts!" (Of course it is, I totally appreciate the effort.)

So on Monday night Justin shows up at our house with this. Isn't it AMAZING? Ok, so it doesn't exactly LOOK like the prettiest cake you've ever seen. But it is the most thoughtful cake I've ever gotten in my whole life, and after the cake disaster, this was awesome. 


So what exactly is it? Well, it's a cheesecake, Boston Creme, Red Velvet cake. It's everything I said I liked in one. (That's my mom on Facetime taking a picture of it!) Anyway, thanks so much to Justin. 


And thanks to everyone else for all the birthday wishes! 

That's it for my birthday celebration. Today, we celebrated Bill Clinton's birthday. It's next week, but the boys and I won't be here, so we celebrated a week early. I'll get that blog up soon, but I'm not in a huge hurry since his actual day isn't until the 19th. Tomorrow we're half-celebrating Benjamin Harrison's a week early too, but more on that later. I'll see ya when I see ya. 

Next Up: Some presidential birthdays, and some vacation prep! 


No comments:

Post a Comment