Sunday, July 19, 2020

Social Distancing Journal, Days 123 thru 128

Hey guys. I know I've been MIA. I've been struggling a little the last week or so. I'm just so over Florida's non-response to our growing out of control cases. If I felt like something was being done, then I'd have hope. If we closed things down, did a state mask mandate, SOMETHING, I'd feel like we were making progress to normal life. But, instead I feel like I can't go anywhere because it's so out of control. 

Even the White House task force listed Florida (and my county) in a "red zone" where we should roll back our opening, closing gyms, and indoor dining among other things. Of course, the 'red zone' document was leaked, and nobody actually did anything. But, it's good to know that's what we SHOULD be doing. I guess. I don't know. 

Anyway, I've probably forgotten half the things that have outraged me in the last week. I know hospitalizations are up, deaths are up (setting record numbers for FL every few days), and cases daily fall somewhere between 10 and 14 thousand. Positivity in the low teens. Day after day, after day. 

So instead of catching you up on anything else, and sharing graphs and crap (spoiler alert, they are staying about flat- but still terrible), I just uploaded the pictures I took over the last five days. 

Day 123, Tuesday the 14th 

Morning coffee with Etta. 


A new project in the works 


And our 50th watchthru of Frozen II during quarantine, which we celebrated by having an ice cream cake. 


We used our second box of elbows (we used a third on mac and cheese Asa made yesterday, so we're down 3) 


And we celebrated my mom's birthday by sending her some sidewalk chalk art, and having a zoom birthday party for her. She's at Cort's lakehouse having a grand old time, so while I feel bad we couldn't be with her on her birthday, she's in good hands. 



And some dog pictures to round out the day. 


Day 124: Wednesday the 15th 

I started out my day by despressing myself while working on the Election of 2000 for George W. Bush's birthday (that we'll do this week- a little late) 


And we played some Moving Out. 


I was having a really bad day, and I opened the door to go on a walk (in the swampy, sweaty weather, which isn't awesome, but necessary in these times so we don't gain the quarantine 20) and I was greeted with a package from the Foster's. And there were surprises for all of us. 


Allison is the best at putting together packages. She nailed it. Peyton got all kinds of Asian snacks, Hayden got all the stuff to make Allison's pita chips (and directions!) and Layla repaid Calib's Cheerio's she ate while she was here. I got all kinds of snacks and such, and Asa got rum. 



Layla also colored us a picture. I appreciate Allison, and Nate, and Layla so much. I really needed a pick me up, and this has helped tremendously. 


We all went from Fight Club to Groundhog Day, to Onward after our delivery. 


And then the swampy, sweaty walk wasn't so bad. 


We also decided to break out the next puzzle. 


Day 125: Thursday the 16th

Asa is done with work by noon on Thursdays, so we decided to go "out" to lunch and try the new Aussie Grill. Of course, out, these days means eating in the car. But the burgers are yummy no matter where you eat them. 


And for dinner, we made Allison's pita chips per the recipe she sent us. 


And Asa did greek chicken on the grill like Allison, too. It was delicious. 


Plus, another walk. 


With a gator sighting. 


And more puzzling. 


And more dog pictures. Calib feeds them, can you tell? 


Day 126: Friday the 17th

More puzzles. 


And running errands, which is basically just driving around to various places and having people drop things in your trunk. 


I was most excited we could try out the new Aldis. Curbside was super easy and quick, the prices are excellent, and so far we've liked everything we've tried from there. I was glad we weren't going in, because there was a line around the building to get in, and people weren't all wearing masks (or social distancing). 


We also swung by Panera, who finally had Tomato Basil Bread you could buy by the loaf in stock. This was very exciting news for the weekend lunch. 


We also had one more surprise package from Allison. I got a text from her, telling us to check the front porch and sure enough, there was a box. Apparently, you can order 12 packs of Cheerwine from Amazon. Who knew? The boys were thrilled. 


Peyton's game for his birthday also showed up. He should be getting his mentor soon, and classes will start for him August 1st. But right now he has a ton of free time on his hands. 


And more puzzling. 


And walking. It's the same day after day. 


See, but you go walking so you can have desserts, like crepes! 


But, you also have to deal with a lot of boredom. Some of us often fall to the ground and yell and whine. (I might do it as well, just nobody takes a picture of me when I do it). 


More dog pictures. 


Day 127. Saturday the 18th 

We finished the puzzle rather early in the day. 


And dodged the rain to take a walk. 


And got curbside Moe's for dinner, since we all got coupons for BOGO burritos. 


We spotted all kinds of deer on the way home too. 


But, yea, still whining. 


Day 128, Sunday the 19th 

Asa and I took our Sunday bike ride. Which, is less fun when it's 100 degrees and there's not really a pool to go in afterward. 


But we also ran some errands, including a stop for a curbside pick up of the new Greenwise Publix that opened. (Jen is the manager and said people are wearing masks, and we could totally come in at an off-busy time, next time we go). 


And for dinner tonight, Asa grilled out brats and made crab fries like we had at Frenchie's on our anniversary week. All delicious. And I finished Bush's story, so I'll wrap up odds and ends tomorrow and we can get to it on Tuesday. 


That's it. Here's the updated list/count: 

Most popular "hurricane snacks": Everything Allison and Nate sent! 

Current binge watching obsession: We finished West World. This season was just terrible. Like, TERRIBLE. 

Most popular game: We finished Moving Out yesterday, getting all the medals (on platinum), and checklist items. Then we bought the Overcooked DLC. 

Boredness scale 1 to 10: 8, 9. Somewhere in there. I want to go to Disney. Like, I'm rationalizing that everyone is wearing masks, and it's probably ok. Even with all the cases. 

Frozen II Watchthroughs: 52. After we hit out 50th watch thru, I told Hayden he could put it on in the background again. 

How many times we've walked the loop: 74. Including the one I'm about to go on right now, since I just finished blogging- it's best to go right before sunset. Less hot that way. 

Days Down: 128

Days Remaining: All of them. This is life now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment