Thursday, May 5, 2022

Happy Cinco De Mayo 2022

And we've arrived to May! 

About a week ago, Asa got tickets to see Dr. Strange for the day it came out. He said he couldn't risk being spoiled. So on Thursday he went out with Hayden and Calib to see it asap. They loved it, and that's all I'll say. No spoilers from me. 


I, meanwhile, stayed behind and prepared the Cinco De Mayo feast for dinner to have when they got home. 


I took some help from Costco and got some street tacos, along with some regular tacos and a ton of toppings and we had ourselves a pretty nice spread. 


Hayden made some real nice looking tacos. 


Cinco De Mayo just so happens to be Dipper's birthday, too. 


For his birthday he got a whole family of Cardinals to watch from the window. A baby was learning to fly and both mom and dad were watching on. 


Calib also decided he wanted a new bed with his tax return. But, he wanted to upgrade from a full bed up a size or two. We measured and he decided a king would fit in his room. I said he wouldn't be left with much space in his room, but he said 'what do you care? it's not your room,' which is an excellent point. The only time I sleep in there is if we have company to give up our room to them and Calib sleeps in Peyton and Hayden's room. And, now if I have to sleep in there, there's a premium mattress! Last time Nate and Allison came to visit, and we gave up our room, I ended up sleeping on the floor because I couldn't stand a full sized bed with Asa.  So, I told Calib if he bought the mattress we would get him the bed frame as his birthday present. His mattress came faster than expected, and then we let it expand in the office. 


The bed and the frame actually arrived on the same day, so Asa and Calib built the bedframe. 


And now Calib has a king sized bed, and an mattress that's way better than mine. I'm a little jealous. 



In other news, I saved a life last week. There was a giant turtle in the road I picked up and helped along the way, and the guy in the car behind us even gave me a little round of applause. 


And, I've made something else cool with my cricut. I actually got all kinds of tank tops at Kohls to make lots of shirts for my trips to Universal/Disney this summer. 


Speaking of which up next: We spent the last two days in Orlando doing Universal and Disney! 


No comments:

Post a Comment