Saturday, April 8, 2023

That's A Wrap!

Disembarkation day on a cruise kind of sucks. Not only is it the end of vacation, but you have to be up super early. I figured if I had to be up early anyway, I'd try and catch the sunset. I was suprised I got a few people on board, especially Gwen. Truth be told, she was mostly up because she was so excited her phone would work again, and she could text back all her friends and see what she'd been missing. But, I'd like to think it was at least kind of because she wanted to spend more time with fun Aunt Corinne. 

Sadly, we were docked in a different position, and behind another boat, so it was little akward position to see the sunrise. 


And it was pretty cloudy too. Still pretty, but not at all what I had envisioned. At least there was one last coffee run to keep us awake. 


Jake and Garrett showed up once it was light out, with plates of breakfast and bowls of syrup. 


So even if the sunset wasn't perfect, this isn't a terrible morning crew. 


Cloudy or not, the sunrise over the Atlantic made the sky pretty colors. 


And we still had time for one last megabreakfast. We grabbed our stuff in a very crowded Windjammer, and found a seat out by the pool. I even got one last mimosa. 



The view wasn't great though. That's just the parking lot. All of our cars were down there. We could point them out. 


I realized that morning I had forgotten to get everyone to paint birthday tiles for Asa's garden. Sadly, there was nothing I could do about Aunt Patti and Uncle Emmett, they had already left. But, I got mom to work on hers. EVeryone else was really scrambeling to get packed up, so I figured I'd just have to get to them later. 


My group decided to head out and give the Sattler's time to pack it up. 


So long Liberty of the Seas! It was a fun time. 


We did have to wait on the Sattler's for about 15 minutes in the parking lot though. Apparently a couple days before they left, their mini van didn't want to start. It'd been fine since, including the whole trip down, but now it'd been sitting since Monday. So, we found our way to our car, packed it up, and waited. 


And then when the Sattler's showed up, they decided to finish out their tiles in the parking lot. That's just like them squeezing in every last minute. 


And then we rejoiced when the van started on the first try! 


We did cruise out of Fort Lauderdale to save my mom some money, but man is it a longer trip. We weren't in the car all that long before Calib was napping. 


And then, before Hayden knew it, he was the only one in the backseat still awake. 


But man, the traffic. It took 6 hours to get home, when it should have been about 4- AND that was with a detour that made going over the Sunshine Skyway the fastest way home. That's NEVER the fastest way home. 


Jake stayed with us Friday night, but now he was the one that had to mix drinks. No more bartenders on ships for us. 


But the dogs were fine while we were gone (shoutout to Kyle and Teresa for keeping them happy, fed, and medicated!) and we all cozied up with them and watched tv for the rest of the evening. 


The next morning, Jake was still in vacation mode, while Asa was getting back to work, checking on all his students. Sure, it was the weekend, but he'd been gone all week. 


Before we took Jake to the airport, he did finally do a tile for Asa's garden. I still have to put them up, but I will share them when I do. 


We dropped Jake off, and said our goodbyes. Maybe we'll get to see him this summer in Ohio, if we make the trip. Thanks for coming though, Jake! We had so much fun with you! 


And that, my friends, is a wrap on Asa's 40th Birthday Extravaganza. There were parties, and dates, and cruises- and a whole lot of well deserved love heading my favorite person's way. Growing old with Asa truly makes me feel like the luckiest girl in the world. 

And now, let it be noted, I'm caught up on the 40th birthday blogs just a month late! Now onto the rest of April... 

Up next: Easter 2022


No comments:

Post a Comment