Friday, June 24, 2011

Dear Bears, and Chickens, and Things


We are nearly all packed up and ready to go. Someone told me I should make a blog documenting our adventures in Alaska, and a couple people concurred, so here we are. Just under 24 hours until we'll be on our plane. Unfortunately, the travel time is then 17 hours. Send your prayers/good thoughts/whatever it is that you do, that we make it there without too many melt downs!


Some funny thoughts from the boys on Alaska:

Hayden: Oh my gosh... are we going to see BEARS?!?!!? (makes frightened face)
Calib: Yes Hayden, lots of them. In the wild. Where they like to eat people. Especially 5 year olds
(Hayden trembles)
Me: Yes, we will see bears, but they will not eat you.
...Peyton: Cuz we'll feed them Gwen and run! AHHHHHH!
Calib: wait, there's really REAL BEARS RUNNING WILD?!? (Calib makes frightened face)
After totaling up the boys vacation funds:
Calib (to Hayden): I like to save my money. I just pretend I don't have any, so I don't spend it. Hayden:"I don't, I just like to spend it and get more later"


Peyton: Are we going to see penguins in Alaska.
Me: No, there's no penguins in Alaska.
Hayden: Duh Peyton, Penguins live in Madagascar. And the New York Zoo.

While trying on pants for Alaska (Mind you, Hayden has been wearing shorts for a good 5 months):
Hayden: There's something wrong with these shorts. They're really long.

That's all.

Next Stop: Phoenix Arizona en route to Anchorage Alaska

No comments:

Post a Comment