Friday, April 27, 2012

Week 37: Lets Begin By Taking a Smallish Nap Or Two

I've been putting off writing my blog today, because I knew the second I sat down to write it today my motivation for the day would tank, and my biggest aspiration for the day would become putting on my pj's and catching up on my DVR before round two of the draft starts tonight. I'm pretty pleased with the amount of work I got done with up until this point, so it's ok to ease off the pedal now. We are all so very tired around here today. Yesterday we had a party at our house for the first round of the NFL draft. By the time the draft wrapped up it was 11- but it was after midnight by the time everyone left. By the time I was actually in bed it was 1:30 and I still couldn't fall asleep.The kids were pretty exhausted this morning, which I knew would happen, but it's Friday- the FCAT is over, and it's Otter Store Day, where they get to spend their Otter Dollars they've been earning all year. At least this was incentive for them to get up and get to school. Although Hayden did crawl into bed after he was dressed and tried to go back to bed.


So, lets talk the NFL Draft: Asa was not pleased about the Bucs pick, but he seems to be coming around this morning. This is how Asa looked after we picked Mark Barron:

Later we picked up Doug Martin with a second first round pick. He was much happier about that one:

It was super exciting when the Bucs traded back into the first round to have two picks, which made me glad I let the kids stay up and didn't send them to bed. Calib especially would have been really disappointed had he missed that- and nobody would have been able to sleep with all the shouting going on. The party was super fun though. We ordered pizza, and yelled a lot. Rex brought Alabama inflatables which the boys happily used to beat up Fico. The house wasn't that much of a disaster this morning either, just a bunch of toys in the living room- that Hayden happily blamed on Rex- and a stain on the carpet that mostly came up from some hot wings. It was nice to have everyone here: Katie, Kevin, Ann, Noah, Fico, Rex, Temps , and Justin were all here at one point. And shout out to Ann, Katie and Justin for sitting through 3 and a half hours of something they couldn't have cared less about.






Thursday was also Take Your Child to Work Day. Peyton went with Asa. Calib stayed home with me and Hayden went to school. At first Calib was really excited about it. We dropped Hayden off at school and went out to the store to pick up a few things. We even got a Subway footlong to split for lunch. (more points for me!) But once we got home and it was laundry, dishes, toilet scrubbing, vacuuming, and baking- I think he was wishing he went to school. He kept saying things like 'Do you always do this much? Are we done yet?' We did take a break to watch the Price is Right, but he wasn't even into bidding. It rubbed a little salt in the wound when Asa and I started sending pictures back and forth on our phones about what the boys were doing. It went something like this.

Here's Calib finishing off the cake we made for Noah's Birthday:

And here's the alligator Peyton and Asa saw while at Lettuce Lake Park for lunch:


Here's Calib scrubbing the toilet:

And then he sent Peyton sitting in the chair eating Oreos (which I'm not including as to not get in trouble)

Here's Calib vacuuming the floor:

And he sent Peyton playing 'football' with Rex. By the way, when I asked Peyton what he did all day he ratted some people out about not working too hard.

It was really nice to spend the day with Calib though, and he said he had a good time. He also told me several times how awesome it is that I do this for everyone on a daily basis. Which was nice. He did ask me if everyone would be excited to see all we had done. I told him "Well, I mean when everyone gets home you'll get a 'the house looks nice'" When Peyton, Hayden, and Asa walked in after school and work they said exactly that and when on with their evening. Poor Calib, he was so disappointed. I'm just glad they noticed.

This week at school was pretty eventful for everyone: Hayden went on his field trip to Legoland. He was really excited about it, but I feel I didn't get too many accurate details about the trip since what he told me was 'You had to be 20 inches to ride the 374 foot tall coaster.', and 'It took 5 hours to get there'. Note to self: Things Hayden needs to work on this summer: measurement. We also finally got Calib's fifth grade field trip info (the 5th graders always take a really big field trip at the end of the year to the Animal Kingdom). The bad news is that it is on his birthday, and he'll be gone from 8-8. But, he really wants to go, so we'll just celebrate that weekend. Plus he got his invite to the sunshine state party, and he finished up the FCAT this week with two days of the Science FCAT. Peyton finally bought his recorder and has been playing it non-stop. (Think squeaky, 4th grade  band concerts only worse because it's a recorder), and was happy to be done with his Tropicana Speech.

Last weekend we had kind of crappy weather around here: cold windy and sometimes rainy. This did allow us to pile on the movies. The boys really liked the Back to the Futures, and Asa and I just got depressed because 'the future' when the movie was made is 2015. All I can say: There better be high tops like that in three years. And hover boards. We did manage to salvage part of Saturday. It was a fresh market morning, so we made a trip over there. The boys went in Justin's car and were pretty excited to have made it there before Asa, Hayden and I. Hayden told us we should have used our blue turtle shell. Next time, for sure. We ran into Fico and Ann and Rich and Casey too, which was all of their first fresh market experiences. I'm loving that the fresh market is getting more popular. I'm hoping for it to get a little bigger. The weather defiantly kept some vendors away this week, but the salsa guy, the banana bread guy, the snow cone guy, and the farmers market were all there and fully stocked so I was happy.

 Afterwards, we went over to Busch Gardens. Trying to beat the rain that was imminent at that point, I took Hayden to look at the animals while everyone else went on some rides. We did all catch up just in time ride on the train, which we never ever do. I think we need to more often though: it was cool to see the animals close up like that. Unfortunately the weather didn't hold out, and just as we were getting in line for the Grover coaster everything shut down due to weather. We did manage to make it to the car before we got soaked though, so that was a bonus. Our day might have been cut short, but it was so worth the trip due to the absolute lack of crowds.

Friday night we had plans to go to Disney: but there were severe weather warnings out so we had to come up with something else to do last minute. My bright idea was to camp: in the play room. I thought for sure the tent would fit just fine. We ended up having to move the couch out: even then we couldn't have the screen part of our tent up, and it covered the entire room. It was a good camping trip. The proximity of our campsite to the bathrooms was wonderful. At the facilities were just like being at home. They even had Klondike bars at the camp store. It was really dark out there in the forest, good thing we brought our headlamps. Hayden tried to complain that he was sleeping on a rock, but we assured him it was all his head, as we had a nice burber spot picked out.

That was our week around here. We're starting the summer countdown: 26 days of school left!

Best New arrival:
Though theres not a lot of pictures this week, I did get a new camera (it just didn't get here until the end of the week) I took some ADORABLE doggie pictures while I was trying it out. I love all my puppies SO much!

Best Video:
In case you haven't seen it, you should check out my cousin Tim purposing to his now fiancee, Emily (sorry to spoil the ending) Here's the link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nZqsVk4XYKk&sns=fb Happy for the both of them, they're pretty awesome people.

Biggest Feat EVER:
I did five loads of laundry and matched EVERY SINGLE PAIR OF SOCKS! This. Is. Amazing.

Best Surprise:
Asa got me tickets to the Florida Orchestra playing at Raymond James. They are complimentary tickets, but you have to know a guy. Asa knows a guy. Yay!

Getting too Big:
Yes, thats Hayden. Yes, he's 48 inches now. Boo for having to buy an adult ticket to Cedar Point this summer for him.

Stupidest Comment:

Peytons: (insert big story about random fish he learned about while watching River Monsters on Animal Planet)
Me: Is it ocean fish or river fish
Asa: Really Corinne?
Me: Its like ncaa and madden I pretend to listen and engage even when I have no interest.

Next Up: FOUR amusement/water parks in one day. Yup, it's happening. Also, wait for it:I'm going to MIDDLE SCHOOL Parent Orientation!











No comments:

Post a Comment