Thursday, December 31, 2015

Waterstraut Year in Review, 2015!

Usually I write a recap at the end of the year about all the super fun things we've done. (Because holy geez, is it amazing we get to do all we do!) But, as it's already NYE and we have a big day of presidents ahead of us. So, I'm taking a little help from the family. Everyone wrote an article about their favorite things we did this year. This year at the end of every month we wrote our favorite thing we did on note cards, and put it in the jar. Yesterday we took out all the note cards and read them, for inspiration.  So without further ado, here we go:

Hayden: 


 


My  favorite time that happened this year was when we got our new dog, Ellie. She is kind of already trained, but she doesn't quite know what "drop it" means yet. She does know sit! But, it is her personality that I like her for. She is hilarious.


My second favorite time would be when I played with my toys on Christmas Day. But I also liked when I got to go to Disney World in my pajamas and ride the Seven Dwarfs Ride twice in a row.
-Hayden



Peyton: 


My favorite part of the year was the cruise. The cruise was fun for many reasons, I got to try sword fish some great steak and chicken cury. I also loved to stop by the Market Cafe to get a snack at night or something during the day. I also LOVED the 2nd and 3rd stop, they were both amazing. I enjoyed swimming and feeding the stingrays I also enjoyed seeing fish in their natural environment. I also loved going to a certain restaurant to get amazing wings.






Honorable mention: Getting Ellie
-Peyton

Calib: 







My favorite part of the year was going to the Cabins during Thanksgiving. I like the campgrounds because it has so much to do you can go swimming, do archery, rent speedboats, and so much more. I drove around in the golf carts for the first time ever and it was really fun. I even got to drive it up to the front to return it and go on the main road. The archery there was really fun and the instructors helped a lot and were super friendly. I also like how there is a boat to take you to the Magic Kingdom. It makes it a lot easier to get back also because you dont have to rush for the monorail lines and instead just take the boat.




My honorable mention was going to the Miami Heat game.

Asa: 





My favorite part of 2015 was my 5th Anniversary Disney trip with Corinne. 4 nights in fancy Disney hotels, great food, lots of pool relaxation time, the entire thing was fantastic. I would do that every month if I could afford it. Even though it was a 100 degrees outside (literally) for the majority of the trip, we had so much fun. The horse carriage ride, the drinks, the impromptu Hoarders marathon, I wouldn’t change a thing. 



Honorable mention goes to the New Orleans trip and Renaissance Festival. New Orleans was funner than I expected it to be, the food and people there are just great, and I had wanted to go to Ren Fest for years anyways.
-Asa


Corinne: 



 
There's really a lot to choose from this year. I celebrated single president's birthday (and invented True American) in an epic fashion, and we got Ellie, which is a big happy edition to our family. The Bucs finally won a game at home, and we got upgraded to Club seats. We also went on some great trips- to Ohio (twice!) , Indiana, Kentucky, and Georgia- to Disney (multiple times!), New Orleans (and Mississippi & Alabama!), and  Mexico and Honduras. I even swam with dolphins, which has been a long time dream of mine. But, this year, I also hit a huge milestone- after 34 years, I finally made it to all 50 states. And even though I went with my mom- and nobody else- it's got to be my favorite thing this year, because that's a pretty big feat. 



Honorable Mention: Can I say home school projects? Because we've done some great stuff this year, from Harry Potter week, Greek week, Career Week to the Fendersons, to the presidents. We've had lessons by dad, and some awesome field trips. Also, worth noting Asa and I have had some pretty great date days. 
-Corinne






 

I will leave you with  a whole slew of pictures that didn't quite make it into our "favorite parts of the year", but were awesome none the less. Here's to 2016 being just as fun! 






 

 









 














 
 








 









No comments:

Post a Comment