Tuesday, September 18, 2018

September Housekeeping

Consider this my 'between' Ohio trips blog. We were home just about two weeks before we turned around and headed up north again. Calib was sick, the weather was crappy, the boys were being total homebodies and we didn't do a whole lot. 

It is funny though, because last September was totally dominated by Hurricane Irma, and we hardly got to do anything else. When I turned the calendar to the new month, September was lacking in pictures- it was all Irma related! I'll have no shortage of September pictures for next year's calendar after the couple of weeks we've had. But first- some odds and ends. 

We held our primaries here in Florida. Calib voted for the first time, and I voted for the first time in primaries! (The current political climate had me change my voter registration from Independent-- where you can't vote in Florida's close primary-- to Democratic.) 


Like I said, we've had some rainy weather, so one night Asa was like 'I know we can't go bike riding or to the pool- but I need to get out of the house!', so we went down to the lodge to play some pool. 


We also got out for a lunch date at Panera, since our neighbor so nicely got us a gift card after we took care of his plants while he was on vacation for a month. 


College football came back, so we had our first taco bar of the season. 


And Asa and I took pool trips where we could. (Do you see the lack of boys in these pictures? They're like 'yea, we just got back and we're leaving again soon, so I'll just stay home in my pajamas all day. Teenagers, you know?) 



Anyway, we still had fun- and Asa even saved a few lives. 


On Labor Day we were all going to hit up Disney. We were still working off our weekday select passes (where you can't go on the weekends), and since Asa started this new job we haven't been able to go a lot- But it looked like Monday was going to be rainy with the outskirts of Gordon coming through the Gulf. We had to renew our passes though so I could schedule Fastpasses on them for when my mom is here in November, so Asa and I decided to just run our 'errand' on Sunday to renew our passes at Disney Springs. 


And of course, if you're running an errand at Disney Springs, you might as well get lunch. 


We had the usual- but we also got the Mac & Cheese bites at the new Wine Bar George window. These things are YUMMY! Kind of pricey, but worth it. 


We also held our Fantasy Football Draft. 


I also decided we'd take a break with school work between our two trips- except for Calib who has his online classes at PHSC. So we had 'Spring Cleaning' week, where the boys picked up jobs around the house. 


I leave you with cute dog pictures. (I wonder who feeds the dogs people food?) 


And check out Porkchop and Phenom hanging out together! 


 

Next Up: A record-breaking fifth trip to Ohio this year! 



No comments:

Post a Comment