Wednesday, June 5, 2019

Disney Quest: 45.3% Complete

Now that it's summer, we're blacked out of two Disney theme parks. We can't go to Magic Kingdom or Animal Kingdom until my birthday weekend. So, while we still had a few days left, Asa and I headed over to the Magic Kingdom to knock some things off of our Disney Quest list. (In case you're just now seeing this: we're trying to do/see/ride every 'attraction' at every park- using the Disney app and website to compile an ever changing list of characters, shows, and rides). 

I had some Fastpasses for Memorial Day for the five of us- but Calib had to work, Hayden was not into the heat, and Peyton, well, hates Disney. 


So far we'd knocked out 23 of the 67 items listed for the Magic Kingdom. We were off to see how many more we could complete. 

Our first stop along the way was to see 

#24 The Dapper Dans 

They, as always, were enjoyable. For now, we've just been hitting these little things as we happen upon them, but if we really want to get the list done, it's probably going to take a little more planning on my part. 

Getting to the Magic Kingdom is such an ordeal (especially with the construction at the Transportation and Ticket Center!) Any other park takes about an hour and half door to entrance for us, but Magic Kingdom is AT LEAST a two hour ordeal. I try and pack my patience for this, because I really do love MK. But, I need a reward at the end. Memorial Day that reward was the GIANT Mickey Donut. It's a limited time treat and only there until the end of June (hopefully it'll be so popular it'll stay!), so I had to try it. This thing would have been better to share with all five of us. But, it was light and fluffy and fresh. Totally recommend! Also, totally Instagramable if that's your thing. Or, so I hear. I don't have Instagram. 


Our first Fastpass for the day was for 

#25 Tomorrowland Speedway

It had been closed for months while they rerouted a bit of the track to make room for the new Tron coaster, it just opened back up a couple weeks ago so it worked out well for us to sneak it in before the blackout dates started. 


We have a lot of characters on the list, especially in Magic Kingdom. And there's a lot that you can't get Fastpasses for. I'm hoping to catch most of them with short lines. 

#26 Meet Mary Poppins by Liberty Square 

was one such character. There was only one group in front of us! 


I really couldn't wait to see the new (ish) 

#27The Muppets Present Great Moments in American History 

I'm a sucker for the muppets AND American History, so it worked out well. The show happens like 8 or 9 times a day from the windows in liberty square, and it's totally worth checking out. It's not too long and it's totally cute! 


 By now it was REALLY hot, which I knew was going to happen. The heat lately has just been brutal, especially for this early. Like, I'm not joking when I say the ACTUAL temperature was 100 several days in a row. Not even the 'feels like!' So, I packed us some cooling towels which really seemed to help. They're already in my bag for Universal this weekend. 


We went up to the castle to check out the 

#28 Move It Shake it Dance & Play It! Street Party 

Basically it's a parade that parks in the hub and you can dance with characters! 


Then we were off to our next set of Fastpasses 

#29 Haunted Mansion 


I couldn't believe we hadn't been on this one since at least September! It's one of my favorites! But it wasn't highlighted on google docs, so we must not have. 
 

After that we were walking right past the same area for the muppets and we noticed the show was going on again- but this time it was different. Instead of Paul Reeve and the Redcoats they were talking about the Declaration of Independence and Kermit was dressed as Thomas Jefferson! It makes me wonder how many different variations there are. 


Speaking of Thomas Jefferson, we were then off to see the 
#30 Hall of Presidents
which I used to love but haven't been to since Trump was elected. And boy was it a different sort of experience. We had to wait awhile for the show, and some things we heard... well, it rivaled what we heard at the Trump rallies. People just blow my mind these days. 


On the upside there is all kinds of new presidential memorabilia that I got to check out! And, they took out that whole Andrew Jackson the hero part of the video. So you win some, you lose some. 


After that disaster, we were headed over to a lunch reservation I grabbed the night before at Be Our Guest. These are usually really hard to snag, but I thought I'd try the same theory we apply to Fastpasses by refreshing My Disney Experience until we get something we like. And ta da! Lunch at Be Our Guest! 


Asa and I have only been there once or twice before but we always get the same thing- the braised pork with green beans and mashed potatoes, and french onion soup (we skipped the grey stuff this time because there was limited time sweet stuff to try). 


As always, this was awesome. I feel like the portion size on our main dish got a little smaller when they moved from the giant bowl to the plate. But that's my only complaint. And, I have to really love the soup to eat it on a 100 degree day. This french onion soup totally does it for me! 


Plus, it's just so fun to be in the Beast's castle (and not at dinner where it's a table service and like $60 bucks a person!) 


After lunch we discovered Gaston was out without a long line, so we ran over there and checked another non-fastpass character off our list. 

#31 Meet Gaston at his Tavern 

I was also able to nab a fastpass for 

#32 Splash Mountain

the night before. It's been years since we've been on this one, and the story still sucks. I have no idea whats going on here, but the water ride sure was nice in the super hot Florida sun. 


When we got off of Splash Mountain we kind of got stuck by the parade and saw part of it. So, does that count? I'm going to say it counts enough for now. I'd like to see the whole thing, but we're saying it's done for the list purpose. 

#33 Disney Festival of Fantasy Parade


We'd used up our three Fastpasses by now and grabbed another

#34 Enchanted Tales with Belle 

Again, it's been a LONG time since we've done this one. It was awesome when the boys were little. I'll never forget when Hayden got picked to be Chip and was so excited about it. There was a little girl that was picked to play the Beast, and she was so enthusiastic! 


The other limited time dessert I wanted to try was the Tangled Eclair. You guys, it came with a CHOCOLATE. FRYING PAN! This one wasn't all that great though. It tasted like it had been sitting in the cooler maybe a little too long, and it just wasn't as good as I wanted it to be. But, it was super cute. 


After that we grabbed a Fastpass for one of our few remaining Fastpass Characters

#35 Meet Ariel at her Grotto 


And then it was time to cool down again at 

#36 Casey Jr. Splash N Soak Station


By now we were about done in the heat and ready to head home but 

#37 Mickey's Royal Friendship Faire 

was taking place on stage so we hung around to watch that before heading home. 


All in all that puts at at 37 out of 67 items complete in the Magic Kingdom.  We'll have 30 attaractions left when we're un-blacked-out in August. 

For all four parks were at 112 out of 247 things on our list for all four parks. We're only at just over 43%, and we only have four months left on our passes. The good news is we can knock out some Epcot and Hollywood Studios in two weeks because we'll be there for our anniversary! 

Next Up: Calib's last year of being a teenager! He's 19 now guys! 

No comments:

Post a Comment