Tuesday, December 17, 2019

The Very Merry Christmas Party

In case you haven't heard, Calib is going to Italy with my mom, my brother, and my sister in law. Since he gets that trip, my mom said she would treat the rest of us to something special here- and so the four of us were headed to the Very Merry Christmas Party! This one has been on my bucket list for a long time, so I was super excited about it. Of course, Peyton and Hayden needed the appropriate gear, so they got a gift early. 


The party starts at 7, and we arrives shortly before (after we saw the Bucs win- so it was a good Sunday for sure!) We checked in, and got our wristbands. 


Before heading into the party! 


While the Not So Scary Halloween Party gives out "free" candy, at the Very Merry Christmas Party you get cookies and drinks (like apple cider, hot chocolate and pop). When you arrive you're given your welcome cookie. It was a Minnie sugar cookie! 


Elsa lights the castle for the party, and it's super pretty! 


So, parties are tricky. There's special character appearences and ride "overlays" for the holidays, plus the treats and special shows, a special fireworks show, and a special parade they show twice a night. But, your time will go fast (parties are from 7pm to 12am), so you have to prioritize. We really like the ride overlays and the characters and the treats and the parade, so we did our best to fit it all in. The first overlay we headed to was the Monster's Inc Laugh Floor. If you don't know, the Monsters inact with the crowd, and there's always one guy they refer to as "that guy". Peyton really wants to be "that guy" so I got him a shirt off of etsy. But, look at this picture and tell me which guy you think got to be "That Guy". 


It wasn't Peyton. So, his quest continues. 



We did collect some treats after the show, though. Different stops had different kinds of cookies. But I have to say, the ginger mollasses is REALLY good. You can get as many as you want, so we kept stuffing some in my backpack to bring home. 


We rode the Tomorrowland Speedway with it's Christmas overlay as well. They have all kinds of lights decorating the track! 

They also give out free soft pretzle snowmen. I brought a ziplock bag because Calib wanted me to bring him home one. (I brought him home like 5). 

I then convinced everyone to wait in line to see Winnie the Pooh and friends. Usually you just get Pooh and Tigger, but at parties you get all four of them- and they come in their party gear (for Christmas it's their scarves!) 


The princesses also meet with their princes during the party. Peyton wanted to see Flynn Rider, so we went to the Rapunzle and Tiana room. 


Hayden challeneged Flynn to the thumb war. 


And prince Naveen got in on it too. 


They were super fun, and not a meet and greet you can do every day, so I rather enjoyed it. 


After that it was time for some more treats! 


And then we watched the fireworks- though not from the hub. I had a hard time with my anxiety and the crowds during the Not So Scary Halloween Party, so we decided it would just be more relaxing and pleasent to watch the fireworks from behind the castle. 


There are some party exclusive things you can buy too- like a Sven sipper! At first I passed it by, but then we were standing in line for Goofy Santa and I was starting to regret having not gotten it. So Peyton and I remained in line while Asa and Hayden ran back to get it. 


Santa Goofy was impressed. He even took a sip. But look how cute Santa Goofy is? I love him! 


We headed back toward the front of the park after that. Main Street is the place to be during the party, it even snows there! 


We stopped by to get our special Very Merry Christmas Party card at the Sorcerer's of the Magic Kingdom. 


And then Peyton wanted to go meet Jack (as Sany Claus) and Sally, but I wanted to see the parade. Usually the line for Jack is ridiculous. So, we weren;t sure we could do both. Hayden and I decided to stake out a spot for the parade, and he picked up top at the train station to get a birds eye view. 


Peyton and Asa headed off to see Jack and Sally and the wait was only 20 minutes! (Peyton has the picture on his phone and he's at TAB, so hopefully I'll remember to put it in later).



They got back just in time to see the parade. It starts with Mickey and Minnie at the front. 


And then there are some really cool floats! 


And cinderella with her miniature horses even makes an appearence! 


And then it ends with the band and Santa! It's such a fun parade! 

The whole party is so much fun, and it really puts you in the Christmas spirit. Peyton even loved it (I didn't even tell him to get in the picture with me at the end of the night, he just did). 


And then we took the boat back and headed to the car (pro tip: always take the boat at the end of the night it is significantly less crammed then the monorail). 


We got home a little after 2 am, but even the lack of sleep the next day was worth it. And we still have so many cookies to show for it. 


Thanks again, mom! It was SO. MUCH. FUN! 

Next Up: Calib's Christmas

No comments:

Post a Comment