Friday, October 30, 2020

Social Distancing Journal, Day 203 thru 216

Alright. To get through October's blogs, I'm going to break it up into two, and try and speed catch you up. It's not like you've been missing that much in quarantine. 

Oh, on the first, besides voting (you can check out my last blog on that one.) We celebrated Jimmy Carter's birthday. I wore my peach shirt in his honor. 



And we made the last of our Beignets. 


I may order another box for Christmas time. 


 Day 203: Friday, October 2

The big news on the second... I was annoyed nobody came to wake me up to tell me. They said that wasn't an exception on the "Do Not Disturb" sign. 



We finally finished Lord of the Flies. And held our Finer Things Club. 


Outside on the patio, no less. 


Asa and I went to the Supervisor of Elections. 


To drop off our ballots. (We later checked, and they were all accepted. Yay!) 


And then we ran errands, including a library book box for Hayden. 


They fill it all with treats and a book picked out just for you. 


Peyton also passed his next class, so we had Taco Bell to celebrate. 

 Day 204: Saturday, October 3

This is the sort of thing you find now. Xbox controllers need to be taken care of, in these dark times. 


Asa and I, for the most part, are doing on weekend bike rides on Saturdays. 


And we have date nights at our table. This was Five Guys (made at home). 


And I've plugged along working on presidents. 


 Day 205: Sunday, October 4

 Sunday Taco Bars. 


And Shenanigan's. 


Day 206: Monday, October 5

It's getting cool enough for evening walks. 


Mom sent us some festive Halloween masks. 


And Hayden and I discovered the Google Home can now do short cuts for Disney Plus. (So we came up with phrases to say to get it to play different Disney movies). 

 Day 207: Tuesday, October 6

We celebrated Rutherford Hayes's birthday (and I made a Samuel Tilden Pez Dispenser!) 


Hayden did his drawing. Which was awesome. 


And we had a stellar dinner. 


Day 208: Wednesday, October 7

I finally picked more than one lemon at a time. 


In fact, I picked so many we were able to make a whole pitcher of lemonade. 


For the very first time! (We have since made at least 10 more- the boys love it and ask me to make a pitcher all the time. All I have to do is go outside, pick some lemons and get to squeezing. So fun!) 


And this was the usually "what should I get at the store tomorrow" Wednesday night discussing. There was a big argument over taquitos. 


 Day 209: Thursday, October 8

The gobbler is back at Wawa. We were prepared to eat in the car if need be. 


But, there was nobody there. So we got to eat outside at the far table and nobody bothered us. 


I also had the best coupon at Panera. I got 13 bagels for 49 cents! 


And we swung by the library to pick up a Halloween craft bag for Hayden. 


This is how we solved the taquito issue. Everyone got their own bag, which were all put in different freezers to not be confused (we have the deep freeze, the garage fridge, and the kitchen fridge) 


And we discovered a stow away in my pond! This little guy somehow found his way into our yard and made a home in my fish pond. 


And I picked more lemons (excuse the red face and dirty shirt, I was doing yard work and some days it's still HOT out there). 


Plus, the Bucs played on Thursday night football. 

 Day 210: Friday, October 9

I gave Phenom a hair cut. It's fancy nooms! 


We started our next puzzle. 


And we did Pollo Tropical for dinner (where we made the pork, but buy beans, rice and sauces!) 


On our evening walk, we noticed the neighborhood is decorated for Halloween. 


Day 211: Saturday, October 10

We decided we would swing by Publix for a sub and have a picnic lunch on our bike ride. 




We packed our cooler backpack with drinks, chips, cookies and grapes and then stuck our sub on the side. 


And ate at the picnic tables over in Connerton. 


 Day 212: Sunday, October 11

 I was zooming with mom, so I got out of putting together the taco bar. Hayden and Asa did it instead. 



And we took a walk to work off all the tacos. 


Day 213: Monday, October 12

We finished our puzzle. 



Did some laundry with some helpers. 


The other dogs looked bored with Hayden's math. 

 Day 214: Tuesday, October 13

We celebrated Chester Arthurs birthday. 



And Calib shaved in his honor. 


My cucumber is doing well, but all of our other fall stuff is being eaten by something or other. 


And it was a Tuesday, so it was the kids turn to cook. Peyton made us all omelets. 


Which were, of course, delicious. 

 Day 215: Wednesday, October 14

Asa had vacation time he had to use or lose. Can you believe it? That's the first time that has EVER happened. It's partly because of not going anywhere during the Pandemic. But also because it is easy for him to move hours around, and because he absolutely loves his job. 

But, since he had hours to use or lose. He took the day off and we decided to try Disney Springs again. 


We got lunch at Polite Pig. They expanded outdoor seating to across the way from the restaurant too, and there was literally nobody there. So we had that patio area all to ourselves. 


There are some new lego things at the lego store. 


Frozen AND Star Wars. 


We did some Christmas shopping (they're doing 30% off for passholders again). 


Enjoyed the Fall decorations. 


And stocked back up on puzzles! 


Plus, we brought some things home. We stopped by chicken guy and bought sauces. 


We also swung by Wawa on the way home. 


And then for dinner we had chicken on the grill with all the Chicken Guy sauces! 


Plus, I brought home desserts from the Patisserie. 

Day 216: Thursday, October 15

We've cycled back around to another grocery day (it's usually Thursdays) and Calib wanted me not to forget bananas. 



And, it was nice enough for an evening walk, even Ellie could do the whole loop! 


That's it for the first half of October. I'll try and catch up on the rest of it today, or maybe tomorrow. We'll see. 


No comments:

Post a Comment