Wednesday, June 9, 2021

Social Distancing Journal, Day 445: 24 Hours of Birthday!

 Day 445: Tuesday, June 1

Welcome to the longest day of quarantine! Or at least the longest waking day. It's time for 24 hours of birthday! 


I was up at about 11:15 pm on Monday the 31st and ready to change the calendar to June! 


It was also the day I learned about nautical twilight. 


Midnight coffee, let the birthday begin! 


Calib started his day with a drink and a cupcake. 


12:30 am Rock Band


1am Presents!


1:30 am: Coffee #2 and frog hunting! 



2am: Mario Kart, what could go wrong? 


3am: Munchkin


4am: Ticket to Ride


5am: Breakfast run (and we spotted a deer)


FYI, McDonalds breakfast opens at 5 am (but you might have to wait like 20 minutes while they "change over to breakfast") 


6am: Sunrise Bike Ride





And with the sunrise, we were all feeling pretty good!


7am: Froyo Run!



8am: Ellie walk (while the guys play more Rock Band). 


10 am: Nachos!



And drinks! 



11am: Coffee #3

And 2pm: Pool Trip!




5pm: Dinner


And shots! (I haven't ever had a shot before- don't @ me, I had two babies when I was 21!), so I found it appropriate to have my first one on Calib's birthday. But, I hate alcohol for the most part- especially stuff that tastes like alcohol- so I googled 'shots for people who don't like shots', Limincello came up. I knew Calib liked it from his time in Italy, so we got some of that. Still, it was gross (or at least I thought so). And yes, I know it's a wimpy shot. But it was 30% alcohol. And for me, that was plenty. 


We also had dinner delivered from Ford's Garage. 



And grandma joined us. 


Birthday cupcakes!


6:00 pm Coffee #4 (this was my last- Asa and Hayden had one more). 


6:30 pm: Drawful with Grandma



We'd been keeping track of our progress.


7:30 pm: Monopoly! 


Asa was so annoyed when all three of them landed on my Monsters Inc spot. 


But Asa eventually bankrupted us all (it came down to him and Calib and Asa insisted on playing it out, even when Calib had $3 to his name). 


9pm: 21 hours down! 


Time for more rock band to stay awake! 


The dogs were ready to go back to bed. 




10pm: Things got more difficult here. I was ok, but Calib was really fading. Luckily, Cort's family called and then we kept ourselves awake by playing more Mario Kart (which we were all blurry-eyed and terrible about). 

But, when we had made it to 11pm, we all started to get ready for bed and rotate through showers, which made the last hour pretty easy! 


And before we knew it, we had made it to 11:59 pm! 

I feel like some of us did better than others. Calib couldn't understand how I was fine, but if I get a bad nights sleep on a normal sleep schedule I'm ready for bed at 9pm. But, you know, things are easier if you think of them as adventures! (You can see here in this picture, Asa was not thrilled by the end of the day). 


But, we had done it. 24 hours of birthday. You're welcome, Calib. 

But, this will not be an annual tradition. The day itself was fine. But the week leading up to it, getting up earlier and earlier was brutal. And I haven't adjusted back as quickly as I would have hoped either. 

Other things of note for June 1st, 2021: 

Welcome to Hurricane Season! And exactly 100 days until the NFL kicks off (with the Super Bowl winning Bucs, I might add!) 


Full approval is upcoming! Maybe that'll help convince some people to get the vaccine!


Things are definitely looking up! 


And look- no red states! 


No comments:

Post a Comment