Thursday, June 30, 2022

So Long, Disney!

It's probably about time I get to the last anniversary blog. I'm really dragging my feet on blogs. So lets speed run this, shall we? Asa and I woke up the last morning at the Animal Kingdom Lodge, feeling sad to go home. But, also testing to make sure we weren't bringing anything home to the kids.    


Success! We're still those unicorns. An entire family of five who have never had covid. (Not sure how much longer that'll last, given a lot of former-unicorns I know now testing positive.) 


I had brought along a couple of pairs of ears, but I never got around to wearing my Rafki ones. I put them on to sport around the Lodge on our last morning there. I mean, these are pretty great ears (though, they are poofy-er than I had in my head). 


We went down to the main savanna for one last veiwing, but it was still early and not too many animals were out. 


We spotted a couple animals far out at the little balcony area on the way down to the pool. 


At this stop you'll find a whole bunch of rocking chairs and some binoculars. 


We hit the pool as soon as they opened. But, I gotta say I miss the days of Disney's long hours. I feel like everything opens later and closes earlier these days. 


After a dip in the pool, we played some ping pong. 


And we visited the flamingos over by the pool one more time. 



The baby ducks were also back! 


After our morning down by the pool, it was time to check out. One last picture on our balcony before we headed out. 


We decided to end our trip in the same place we started it: Disney Springs! 


We mulled over our options of what to do before we went home, before we finally landed on bowling at Splitsville! We have not been bowling since the Pandemic. 


It's been somewhere around three years since I wore bowling shoes people, this is a big event! 


We did wear our masks, because the Bowling alley was a little busier than I would have thought when they first opened. But, the masks must not have hindered my game at all. 


Because compaired to my usual scores, I killed it. I even beat Asa, who had bested me in everything from mini golf to foot golf to virtual reality on this trip. 


We had one more Disney meal in us before we went home and decided to go to Raglan Road. While I can never decided if I like or hate their bread. 


But the main dishes NEVER disappoint. 


We sat outside on the patio, and lamented the fact that it was go home day. If I get this depressed about it, I can't imagine how actual tourists must feel. 


We did bring home some chicken guy sauces and some desserts to keep the party going at home. But, that was a wrap on our 12th anniversay. Here's to another trip around the sun with my favorite person. 


Next Up: Pool Sitting! 

No comments:

Post a Comment