Monday, October 31, 2022

Halloween 2022

 I don't have a ton to share regarding Halloween this year. Nobody dressed up, we just passed out some candy and carved some pumpkins. But, I figured I'd get caught up for October on the blog anyway. Asa and I did treat Hayden and Calib to some holiday donuts. 

Fun fact: cranes apparently like munchkins so much they tap on the glass at the windows to get some from the workers. Asa even got them to eat out of his hand, which he was very excited about. 

After our whirlwind of a weekend, I was ready to just chill out at home. But, if you saw my blog, you know I had a ton of apples to take care of. I handed out a bunch to neighbors, and noticed Vince and Alicia have the coolest sign out front. We have to get one of those! 


Also, in Florida, Halloween is warm enough to swim. Asa went to the gym, and I met him at the pool afterwards. Hoping to get in another week or two of this before it gets too cold (for me at least). 


I had gotten Hayden and Calib pumpkins at Costco, and then my $4 white pumpkin in Ohio. Here in Florida, you can't carve your pumpkin until Halloween, because they go bad so fast. Literally two days later, those things are growing fuzz. So gross. 


Dipper was quite excited about the pumpkins. 


In case your wondering, my white pumpkin wasn't that much different to carve. It had more of a canteloupe color on the inside, and maybe a few less seeds, but overall, basically the same thing. 


Calib scooped the guts out of his (that's Calib's favorite part), and I scooped them out of mine and Haydens. Hayden loves carving, but hates scooping. 


So, I made a deal I would scoop if he would draw. I don't mess around with those stencils when I have Hayden to free-hand whatever I want. It helps to have an artsy kid! 


It turned out pretty good, too. 


Calib usually carves just the worst pumpkins. And we all joke about it (Calib included). 


His elephant turned out cute though. 


Hayden also tried to do a Nightmare Before Christmas one. But, unfortunately he cut too close and his Jack and Sally fell off the mountain. I still thought it was cool, but Hayden was disappointed. 


We handed out some candy, and I had picked up a few Reese's pumpkins. Asa also grabbed some of our movie night candy stash and gave out whole big boxes to people he thought had the best costumes (including this guy who had won a costume contest with a homemade Thor costume). 


We didn't dress up, but I did put on my Jack ears, and wear an appropriate election shirt for Halloween. 


The Harvison's came down to hand out candy with us, and Vince was across the street shouting at us (You can see him waving in the picture). We had a good night with friends, and planning how to make our street one of those awesome Christmas streets. I want to make a tunnel between our tree and Vinces, and he said to go for it! 


We did light our pumpkins and put them out with us. You wouldn't believe all the compliments I got on my pumpkin. And I never missed an opportunity to tell people it was only FOUR DOLLARS in Ohio! 


Calib's looked pretty cool lit on the front porch. 


Hayden didn't bring his out, but we did light it on the back porch, and I thought it looked cool. 


Obviously the puppies also needed their Halloween treats. I made them some squash, which they all just LOVE. 


And that was Halloween! 

Up next: Taking advantage of cooler weather! 

No comments:

Post a Comment