Saturday, February 7, 2015

Happy NINTH Birthday, Hayden!

It may be another birthday blog, but it's not for a president this time, it's for Hayden. (Future president perhaps?)  Today is his ninth birthday. We're headed to Disney in a couple days for a big celebration with my mom, but we of course had to celebrate today too. 



His breakfast of choice this morning, chocolate donuts. 


Getting some birthday phone calls. 


Asa and I took him out this morning (Calib and Peyton wanted to sleep in), to go to the Fresh Market. 


And get a birthday Whatever Pop. 


Then we went to Toys R Us for their lego build event. 


We offered to take him out to lunch, but he really just wanted grilled cheese. I usually tell him he can only have two, but today he got three. (He doesn't eat the crust, but that's still a lot of grilled cheese!) 


Then we played the hot lava game, where the floor is lava, and you have to be sure not to fall in. I came up with a great strategy to create Fort Mom in our bedroom. I gathered pillows and towels, so if need be I could make my escape. I also armed myself with plenty of Nerf amo.


Madness ensued. 




 But, I did realize shortly I could just shut the door and lock myself in. I wouldn't come up until some kind of peace treaty was drawn up. 


Then we discussed how to flush out the hideout on Peyton Island. 


But first we had to make it there. 





More madness ensued. 



And then, people fell in. Or were dragged in. 


My house might have been slightly destroyed during all of this. 


But my Fort Mom tactic proved genius, and I won. 


Then it was time for our treasure hunt. (Hayden always asks for a treasure map to his presents instead of just being given them. 


I made it fairly detailed this time. 


And he really had no trouble finding them. 



Sidenote: I REALLY need to make Peyton curtains for his bed, he's come up with this until I do. 


Oh, and this year I made his presents look like treasure, which he really enjoyed. 




Then it was time for the first movie of the day, Mr. Peabody and Sherman. 


Dinner was exactly as Hayden had requested, Meatball, broccoli, and chips with dip. He even got a pop to go along with it (quite the special treat for him) 


After dinner it was time for the country game. (When we all use toys to create our own county, and then eventually all the countries go to war, and more madness ensues) But first, we had to rock paper scissors for the 'draft' to pick the big items for our country. 


The land of Calib. 


Boomtown. 


The first part of Asa's land, Asa-topia. 


And the second part. 


I was on a very peaceful island of my own, called quiet island. But, it was guarded by army men just in case. 


It was mostly just Disney princesses and animals in the jungle, guarding Democratic campaign secrets. (Apparently Hayden had kept those around from Nixon's toy timeline) 


And eventually, like all of Hayden's favorite things, more madness ensued. 




We played one of his favorite games, Snake Oil, in which you  come up with inventions and try and sell them. 


Then it was time for cake. Chocolate cake with chocolate frosting and chocolate chips, per Hayden's request (He might love chocolate) 


Of course we had some guests join us via skype (and some presidents join us via re-creations) 




And Gigi and Grandma got their picture too. 


And then it was time to eat our cake, which chocolate ice cream of course. 


And a game of spy alley. 


Then, movie number two- Big Hero 6. 


Being 9 is exhausting! Or at least for the parents. But, Hayden got to do all his favorite things today, and he's been loving it. A few video games and we'll be off to bed. 

Next Up: I'll see you tomorrow for William Henry Harrison's birthday (a day early, but we just can't fit it in on Monday, sorry W.H.H) 

No comments:

Post a Comment