Monday, February 2, 2015

Super Bowl XLIX


My motiviation on this Monday is crazy low. I have been really, really busy this past week and it finally caught up to me. I apologize to anyone who follows me on Pinterest, as I know there is a whole lot of pinning going on today (Especially Abe Lincoln quotes, but I swear there's a reason for that!) I don't have much to report, since I just posted Saturday, but I thought I'd be at least sort of productive if I'm really going to hang out on the couch today, cuddled up with my puppies and my fuzzy Bucs blanket waiting for Asa to get off work so we can start our weekend. 

I did go out to Target this morning (we've got a $5 off $20 meat purchase-- between "Meat Monday" where they mark down everything nearing it's 'sell by' date-- but still totally freezable, and the coupon I got us 7 meals worth of meat for $15.48!), but it rained and was super dreary, and when I got home, it was like 'you know what, that's enough for me for today'. Except maybe the free frozen yogurt at yogurtland tonight. (I can't promise I'll be changing out of my pajama pants for it, though!) But, it's groundhogs day and I don't even feel like celebrating. Maybe we'll pop in the movie tonight and call it a day, we'll see. 

Yesterday was a busy day, but the highlight (since the dumb Patriots won the Superbowl), was the Snackadium! 

But first we had to build it. Hayden helped me on Saturday night get it all laid out. I still had the boys backboards from Science project week (I swear, I'm not a hoarder! I just know when things will come in handy). I used a board for the white base there, and covered it in our roll of Ikea drawing paper. Then I took another board for each of the sides. We cut it in the middle, covered it in colored poster board, and duct taped it into place. The green board is actually the back of a frame that broke, but I knew it worked well, since that's what I used for it last year. 


The other two sides are just sides from amazon cardboard boxes covered in colored poster board. Then we used pretty blue painters tape around all the edges. (I don't know what I'll do if blue isn't both teams colors, since this is the second year in a row I've done that) We printed out some Super Bowl and team logos, and then we hot glued everything down and in place. I got the footballs from the dollar store, and just put them on top of some upside down bowls, and secured them with some double sided tape. 


All built, we just had to wait to fill it until the next day. 



Saturday night was also Jeopardy night, which the boys did AWESOME at. For real, I almost don't have enough questions for next months Jeopardy re-do. They even killed the "I'm sorry but it's Math" category. Although every time they picked it, they'd remind us we weren't ACTUALLY sorry. 


Late Saturday night I got the prop bet board up. It was like 10 pm, and I'd been busy all day- so I didn't give a lot of thought into the bets. They were: Heads or Tails, What happens first a TD or a Pick, Who's winning at halftime (nobody foresaw a tie), What color hair would Katy Perry have, Would Marshawn do his signature 'crotch grab', Would there be a saftey, and of course, Who Wins. 


I had been collecting things to fill the snackadium for two weeks, eyeing the BOGO's and matching up my coupons. 


After cleaning the house Sunday morning, I went out to Costco (and got gas for $1.83 a gallon!), and on my way home I stopped at PDQ for our main dish- chicken tenders. We talked to everyone attending, and we all agreed to pitch in for these instead of everyone bringing something. They were running a deal, buy 50 tenders, get 50 tenders free. What exactly does 100 chicken tenders look like? It looks like twice as many as these, actually. We had two trays! (And if you're ever considering PDQ catering, they did an AMAZING job, were super on top of things when I was there to pick them up-- even though they had over 4,000 tenders ordered, had all our sauce packaged up and even offered to help me out to my car) 


Sunday morning I also made the field-- err, cake. Don't get too excited, it's just from a box. 


It took me about twenty minutes to fill the thing. It turned out much bigger than last years, which it should have since we had a lot more people coming to watch the game. 




Peyton was not happy when I told him he had to wait until everyone got there to eat anything out of it. 


And actually, I let everyone dig in before Kevin arrived. 


The aftermath.. Shortly after this picture was taken right after halftime the cake was eaten, from the Seahawks side. Maybe that was bad luck. 



I didn't really take any pictures during the Superbowl, but it was a good time. There were nerf darts, light sabers, tons of food and plenty of drinks. Not to mention, we were grateful to get the game at all, since our cable randomly went out on Friday (and Verizon telling us they couldn't come out to fix it), then it randomly coming back in Saturday evening, before cutting out MINUTES after the Super Bowl ended. 


We all hate the Patriots. Because, well, cheaters. Also, why do all the former Bucs end up there? (THREE guys who were previously on our team got rings last night... boooooooo!) I figured since whoever I want to win almost ALWAYS loses (I'm really bad luck) ---so I went with reverse psychology, and picked the Patriots. Which led to me winning the prop bet board with 4 right. I guess just PICKING the team I hate to win isn't enough, no matter what I do my teams lose. *Sigh


You might be thinking, wait, Asa didn't pick the Patriots. Well, no he didn't. Which is CRAZY because back in August when we all wrote down our predictions for the season, Asa picked a Seattle New England Superbowl AND picked the Patriots to win it all. But then he changed his mind last minute on the prop bet board. 


If you're wondering how the rest of us fared, here's our predictions we've had hanging up in the house for the last 5 months. 


Katie left just before half-time since Angela had school in the morning, and JD and Tracy left shortly after half-time. I think the Monday after the Superbowl should be a day off of school for everyone! I didn't do our usual group picture until the end of the night when Kevin reminded me, so it was just me and the boys. 

Even though I hate the Patriots, I did consider heading to Disney today to see the Super Bowl MVP (Tom Brady), like we usually do. But, as it turns out, this year, he was supposed to go to DisneyLAND instead. (Maybe because the Super Bowl itself was on the West Coast?) He actually declined to go anyway, and they sent Julian Edleman and the guy that saved the day (for the Patriots anyway), and got that interception at the end of the game. So, if you think about it, the decision to do nothing was really already made for me. We're going to Disney next week anyway. 

And now, with the 2014 season over, we're on to 2015.. which means the Bucs are on the clock! Come onnnnnn Mariota! 

Next Up: It's our weekend! We have some lessons by dad planned, and I've got some presidential birthdays to plan.
If I don't see you before then, I'll be back February 6th with Reagan's birthday party to share! And of course we'll have the Waterstraut Weekly on Wednesday. 


No comments:

Post a Comment