Friday, January 31, 2020

Championship Pizzas & Lots of Boys

We have having a slew of visitors over the next month, and it all started two weeks ago when my cousin Jake came to visit. He's been visiting every January for the last three January's, so when he first started coming we had just gotten Etta, and we were going through all that drama. I think she remembers him visiting because of that. She was happy to see him. 


And so were the boys. There were a lot of video games played that week. 


And he arrived just in time for Championship Sunday pizzas! I'm so exicted they were all yummy pizzas, and no teams I hated. Over on the NFC side we had the San Francisco Dessert Pizza. It has a peanut butter base, then its topped with chocolate, peanuts and pretzels. It's like a buckeye on pizza crust. 


We also had the Green Bay Mac & Cheese pizza, it's just like it sounds- Mac & Cheese ON pizza (with bacon bits on top). That's the one in the back there. But in the front, we have the Tennessee Titans Mashed Potatoes, Gravy, and Fried Chicken pizza. It's amazing, but really heavy. We've only had that one for the draft before so we knew it was good, and we had been rooting for Tennessee just to have their pizza since the playoffs started (we never thought we'd get it though, they had to knock off New England and Baltimore to get there! 


Kansas City has a BBQ chicken pizza with gouda and read onion. It's delicious, and totally underrated. 


Of course we had an extra boy, so Calib insisted I make two each of the Titans and Packers. He even bankrolled the extra. (Spoiler Alert: we would have been just fine with four, but over the next few days they did eat the extra leftovers.) 


And then everyone fell into a food coma. 



 We also went to Disney- Hayden stayed home, and Jake sat in the backseat with the boys- which meant poor Peyton got stuck in the middle. He was not pleased. 


I was not pleased with the temperature. It was a cold day. 


But the sun came out, and it did warm up a little that day in the Animal Kingdom. 


I did manage to snag some awesome fastpasses though. I couldn't link Jake's ticket, so he just used my band for fastpasses- and I did a split on one of them, so Jake got to do Flight of Passage & The Navi River Journey. Calib and Peyton had to rock-paper-siccisors to see who got to go on which (Calib lost and picked neither). 


We did almost all the rides Animal Kingdom has to offer, and some of the shows. We saw It's Tough To Be a Bug.. 

And we took the train out to Rafiki's Planet Watch. They have Kevin stuffed animals out there!! 


And of course goats and pigs to pet. 



But, we also did the Animation Drawing Class out there. 


They bring out an animator and take you through various drawings. Last time Asa and I went we got zasu, this time we got tick-tock, the crocodile from Peter Pan. 


I think we all did a pretty good job! 



Everyone reinstalled Pokemon Go too (well, except Asa he had always had it installed), but it was all the rage the week Jake was here. 


When they'd go on rides, I'd try and refresh Fastpasses. I felt bad about only having two for Flight of Passage, so I kept trying to get one more. I did- but not for the right time. I told Calib just to go up there and ask if he could use his early with them, but he didn't want to ask. Asa said he would give it a try- and they let him through, so Calib lost out. But, I rewarded him with a lumpia and a night blossom. 


And we decided to try the blueberry cheesecake too. It was yummy, and I'd get it again for sure. 


After that, I grabbed everyone but me fastpasses for Kilamonjaro Safaris, and I walked the trail while they went on the ride. Then  we all met back up and headed over to Disney Springs for dinner at Chicken Guy. 


The next day Peyton and I stayed behind (his new laptop had just arrived, and I had work to do)- and they all went to Venice for a trip to the beach, Bogey's, and the ice cream place. 


And then we spent the next few days hanging out and playing games. 


Jake left on Friday but we did go to lunch at Walk Ons before he headed to the airport. 


Visitors get Calib's room when they come to visit (except Nate & Allison- they get mine and Asa's room!), but Jake left Calib a parting gift on his dry erase board. Calib said he didn't know what was worse: the Ohio State on his board, or the Jake smell. Either way, I hope he enjoys his room until Tuesday, because then my mom will be here. 


We had a lovely time with Jake. He can come back and visit anytime! 

And closing out January, I have a few other odds and ends - we got ourselves a treasure chest for a leap day time capsule this time around (they were half off at Hobby Lobby, so we went out to pick one out!) 


Calib got a really nice sweatshirt as a late arrival Christmas gift. 


And we have had *some* nice weather, which we took advantage of with a cookout. 


We also finished our finer things club book- Of Mice and Men. Hayden actually asked to finish reading it on a Saturday so we could have Finer Things on a Monday. 


I was hoping to have a fun Friday today with Jeopardy, but we decided to split FDR's birthday into two. So, that didn't quite work out- plus we're in the middle of snackadium construction. This year we're going to build one we can use year after year, or at least that's the hope. 


I leave you with a cute dog picture, and a mischeivous Dipper picture. We found him climbing in the pantry the other day. Silly guy. 


Up Next: Superbowl Sunday, My mom is visiting, and Hayden will be 14 next Friday! There's a lot going on! 




No comments:

Post a Comment