Tuesday, March 2, 2021

Social Distancing Journal, Days 339 thru 345

 Day 339: Monday February 15

It's President's Day in Quarantine! Which, is very similar to presidents day not in quarantine. But anyway...

Asa had the day off work, so we took our weekend bike ride. 


And picnic lunched with leftovers from fondu among other things. 



(A funny Hayden picture for you). 


Of course, Hayden and I dressed for the President's Day occasion. 


And I got a very special gift in the mail from a family friend who sent me every single White House Christmas ornament since they've been making them. 


They go from last year to 1981, the year I was born! I love them so much, I'm going to have to think of a great way to display them. 


Of course, no President's Day is complete without a game of True American. 









Next time, Calib gets REAL shots! 


I, shockingly enough, was the winner. 



Which means I got to eat off the Benjamin Harrison plate for dinner. 


Which of course consisted of Nancy Reagan Mac and Cheese.. 


...And Calvin Coolidge carrots. 


 Day 340: Tuesday February 16

So it turned out, back in Ohio, they were getting like a couple feet of snow or something. Which, made our 65 degree day feel not so cold. 


And it's a Tuesday- so misfits box day. 


But also Fat Tuesday! So Paczki day! 


And second shot day for mom! 


 Day 341: Wednesday February 17

The next day, she had a bit of a headache, so we all played it low key. Something the boys are pretty good at. 


Oh, and then there's the little matter of my hair. It's the longest it's been in my adult life. I hate it. I need it cut. And, I'm thinking about doing it myself. 


Day 342: Thursday February 18

Calib  got some more Super Bowl Gear. 



 Day 343: Friday February 19

It's the first Friday of Lent, and this is apparently what Fish Fry's look like these days. 


We played some games that evening too. Spy Alley is a fav! 


Day 344: Saturday February 20

Morning couch snuggles with dogs is my jam. 


As is puzzles, so we started a new one. But man, those 500 piece ones seem like nothing after 2000. 


Our Disney passes were expiring on Tuesday, and I wasn't sure what to do about that. They are renewing, but not issuing new ones. Ultimately we decided to renew. Celebration Mickey Waffles! 


We're also going to need some Disney inspired masks. So, mom and I got to making some good ones. Adjustable ear straps, double layered, bendable nose, these have it all. 


Dipper helped, of course. There was a box involved after all. 


Calib with even more Super Bowl gear. 


And the finished masks. 


Super cute Disney ones! 


Day 345: Sunday February 21

See how quick that puzzle was? Done in two days. 


Morning couch snuggles.


And a trip INTO a store for the first time since November. I mean, when you're out of Costco liquor, what are you to do. 


After all, we needed some to celebrate Asa's birthday, a few weeks early. Mom, with her second vaccine is leaving on Thursday, so we figured we'd celebrate early. We got Chuy's take out for the occasion. 


Plus it was her 100th day here! 


(That's four days until the Moving Out DLC on Xbox, not until mom leaves- she'll round out at 110 days). 




No comments:

Post a Comment