Monday, July 26, 2021

Thunder, Lightning & ELSA!

Fourth of July week was a little crazy here. The Lightning were going for the Stanley Cup AND we had a tropical storm on the way. 





Tropical storms aren't a huge deal. But, Porkchop doesn't know that. 


We did all get an Emergency notification, and that's kind of new. 



But for tropical storms, you don't have to do a ton of prep work. We put the umbrella down on the Patio


Put down the basketball hoop. 


And bring in the wind chimes, and call it a day. 


The track stayed pretty well the same for a week or so. Impressive work, National Hurricane Center. 


We don't really need the rain, the ponds were already pretty high. I took some pictures on my afternoon walk. 



Although, when I left the house, I thought "It's still pretty sunny, I should go on my walk before it rains". Ten minutes later, I sped up because it was getting real cloudy. And then five minutes later I was running the last bit through a tropical storm to get home. 


Florida in the summer, amiright? 


Oh, and I still have no tread on my shoes, so I had to take those off. 


Still not too bad. 


just lots of rain. 


And a lot of Facebook/Twitter feed notifications about places closing early. 




Mostly it rained over night... a lot. 


We found this guy when we opened the front door. 


And a couple of frogs hanging out on the screen (they were SO LOUD while we tried to sleep the night before- they usually only bother Asa, but they even got to me, that night). 


Lots of puddles in the backyard (Check out the pictures!) 







Poor Phenom had to do his business on higher ground. 


Luckily by Wednesday the 7th, the storm was clearing out... in time for the Lightning to win the Stanley Cup Championship... again! But this time in TAMPA! (They won in the bubble last year in Canada, no fans allowed- which was a bit of a bummer). 


Fun Tampa Twitter INCOMING! 



















Sadly, we were hoping for a Friday boat parade so Calib would have the day off, but they held it Monday because the owner's son was getting married that weekend. 

But, we did get one last half off pizza order. Thank you, Lightning! And how bout Tampa Bay Sports, you guys? 






No comments:

Post a Comment