Wednesday, July 7, 2021

Welcome Home & Welcome to SUMMER!!

When I last left off the blog, Asa and I were at Disney for our anniversary. I'm picking up here on go-home day, which is always sad. The good news is, I'll be back to stay at Disney (in some badass hotels, too) for my birthday, and that's not super far away. Still, the cabin was a lovely recharge. 

Here's Asa on go-home day loading the dishwasher. Some chores you just can't get away from. 


One last morning coffee in front of the 'Today at Disney' TV. 


Then we took one last spin on the golf cart down to the Meadow. 





And Asa even let me drive! 



Then it was the worst part: pack up time. 




So long Cabin 2606. 


I followed behind Asa when he returned the golf cart. 


We toyed with what to do next, and decided on mini golf. But, when we drove over to the Fantasia course (the only open one at the moment) it was PACKED, with tons and tons of people waiting outside. So, we decided it might be best to skip it. Instead, we adapted and decided to head over to the Animal Kingdom Lodge and order Sanaa take out for lunch. And, we still had some wine we were going to bring home, so we poured it in our bottle right from the trunk. That's who we are now. 


Saana is one of my favorite Disney restaurants. It's off the beaten path.. 


And you get to eat in front of the animals. 


While we were waiting for our take out, I remembered that I had read that you could get zebra domes in the Kidani Gift Shop. I had forgotten all about these (usually they are specific to Boma, a restaurant which hasn't reopened yet), but luckily I remembered and ran in to get some. 


Back downstairs we waited for our food and had a visitor by the windows. 



Once our food was ready, we took it over to the pool to find an outdoor place to eat. So, what did we order? Basically the only thing you ever need to order at Sanaa: Bread Service. You get nine amazing dipping sauces and five pieces of naan. 


Plus we had our wine from the car, and zebra domes for the gift shop. A feast, I tell you! 



Not bad for our last Disney meal for awhile. 


And the view by the pool wasn't bad either. Kidani has a fun pool, and we'll be back here in August, so that's exciting. Also, I'll be ordering bread service again for sure. 


And that was it for our trip. Like I said, we'll be back at Disney in August, and I'm pretty excited about it. Five whole nights! At three different resorts! Park passes to all four parks! Boo Bash! FIREWORKS (they just came back July 1)! 

The boys did an awesome job at home. Hayden even reorganized the pantry "because he was bored". But the laundry was done, the house was vacuumed, the dishes were all clean. Basically they took better care of the house than they do when I'm here! 

Etta for her part,  was thrilled to see us. 


And the boys were pleased we brought back leftovers. We still had Chicken Guy sauces (so we heated up some chicken tenders here), beer cheese (which we heated up with our french fries),  corn bread and beans. 


And Calib and Hayden missed us playing Catan. 


Sunday was the first day of summer! So, away went the spring mugs and out came the summer mugs! 


I have my Mine-Mine-Mine mug! 



It was also fathers day (though we celebrated hobbit day weeks ago). That, however, meant Asa could cash in on some free father's day promotions. We rode our bikes down to Aroma Joes. It was the first time we had been inside since they opened! And without masks! 


Free iced coffee for the dads out there! 


And, we still had sauces left from Sanaa, so for lunch I heated up some naan bread and we got to have it all over again! 


Asa and I also made a quick trip to Publix. It was our first time in without masks there too! 


Hayden was having itchy eyes due to allergies, so it was eye drops for him. 


Of course the first day of summer means something else in this house: the summer blanket fort! So we pulled out the sheets and the PVC pipes and got to building. 



I'm telling you, I get better at this every year. 


Of course, we were still house sitting. Hayden was not only a fan of the pool, but also getting to play on a bigger and in tune piano. 


We took over a little pool charcuterie for lunch. 


And then spent some time in the pool. 


You know, home isn't vacation. But it's also not terrible. 


And I do have a few momentos from our trip. I got two this year since I didn't get any last year. 


On the first day of the blanket fort (and usually the last day too) we always get Burger King. I'm not sure when that tradition started, but the boys love it. So Asa and I ran out to get it for dinner, and saw these guys down by the round-about when we got home. 


Night one of blanket fort = Burger King for dinner in the fort! 


And, a few leftovers remained: this is the tiny piece of cake I had left. 


And another night of Catan. This time in the blanket fort. (We go on runs of games: we're on a Catan kick right now) 


Monday Asa was back at work, I was reunited with my morning walking buddy. 


That's it for our trip, and all that. Next Up: It was a fairly quiet couple of weeks. But then we had Peyton's Birthday, the Waterstraut Olympics, and a Hurricane (in July!!) So, I'll work on getting caught up soon. For now, I'm working on Olympics mania. I think I've got the boys on board to play in Olympic events one more time! 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment