Friday, December 31, 2021

The Void Between Christmas and New Years 2021

 



It's NYE, and while I don't have many plans, except to eat like kings, play games, and hang out in the blanket fort, I do want to catch up on the blog and get you up to date. So, heres what we've been up to in the void that is the time between Christmas and New Years (which is especially weird without my mom here). 

Sunday, December 26: 

We watched some football, and ate some tacos. I helped more with leftovers, and less toward the taco count. 


But the Bucs won, making them 11-4 and the NFL South Champions, which they apparently have not been since 2007. 



In fantasy football, I'm in the running for the toilet trophy, but Asa was just one win away from going to the Super Bowl. Unfortunately, he was playing Garrett. I told Garrett if he won, I would make him a shirt. It became clear Sunday afternoon, that would be the case, so I got to designing. 


We also played a bunch of games. This new Clover word game we got from Clint and Jess has been a hit! 


Monday, December 27. 

Asa was back to work, and I'm glad it's from home. 


In the last week, Pasco County had gone from 10.2 cases per 100,000... 


To 25.1... skipping over most of the yellow. 

Tuesday, December 28 

Hayden and I got to working on our mural. We've been on this for over a year. But, you need A LOT of lids to cover a fence, we've found (also excuse how gross it is. No need to powerwash it when you're just covering it up anyway. 



I did a Publix run, and the breakfast frozen foods had been wiped


And cases continued to climb. 


Wednesday, December 29

We made a lunch trip to wawa for a free shorti! 


And then, even though mom wasn't here, she "took" us on a Costco trip. Thanks mom! 


She told the boys they could each pick three items. 
Hayden: "I know what I'm about". 


Peyton, too, knew what he was about. 


For dinner, even with all the good food, we ordered pizza. The NHL is back from it's covid break, and the Lightning had won, so we figured it was a good time. (Lightning winning = half off pizza) 


I also got to making some shirts with my cricut. Garretts shirt.. 


And some for us, for New Years. 


We also had movie night and watched Encanto on Disney Plus. We all really liked it (how could we not with songs by Lin Manuel Miranda?!) 


And we finished off the night with the Catan River Expansion. 


And some Poetry for Neanderthals. 


The Omicron situation was not looking any better, though. Also worth noting: The Bucs are getting hit with Covid, so we'll see if they win on Sunday. They've got a whole lot of people out from our head coach to our punter. 


Thursday, December 30. 

I finished up our New Years shirts, with a whole day to spare! 


And we ran some errands, including mailing Garrett's shirt off to him. 


Hayden and I kept working away on the mural. 


And we spent some time in the evening playing games in the blanket fort, while Etta spent some time terrified of the fireworks going off around the neighborhood for New Years. 


Before I sign off for the year, he's a snapshot of Twitter on the last day of 2021. 










The good news, it looks like in the next couple weeks, Hayden will be able to get a booster. We're actually kind of hoping that we had Omicron a couple of weeks ago, even though we tested negative on at-home tests (they're now saying those *might* not be able to pick it up as well, so it's possible). Still, if we haven't had it, I'm not sure how we avoid it with Calib going to work, and school (his orientation starts January 7th). Peyton getting on his London flight is iffy. They've canceled this trip once, but he was able to move it until the next day. 

 I have nothing profound to say about this year. We all got vaccinated. I got to do my birthday. I went to see Hamilton, the boys got to go to CEO. It didn't suck. But, it didn't really meet expectations, either. 

So, I guess we'll just see what 2022 brings. 

Happy New Year!

Edit: After a nice Mimosa and Egg Nog Bread Pudding brunch for NYE... 

These things both dropped at about 3 pm... Just after I went out to check the mail and there was a dead squirrel smooshed right next to it. 


Man, eff 2021. 

No comments:

Post a Comment