Tuesday, December 27, 2022

Mr. & Mrs. Christmas

Asa isn't usually a big Christmas fan, but this year, he really worked on getting into the spirt of things, and often referred to himself as "Mr. Christmas". I appreciated the effort. I would so much rather do things with people around Christmas, than get Christmas presents. So not only did I get Holidaycation with Asa, I got him doing all kinds of Christmasy things with me. We made it down to Wiregrass, though not to see the nightly show. We were there to try out Pinchers, and stopped for some shopping and festivities. 


That was the day before the cruise, December 4, which just so happened to be Porkchops 11th birthday. He's the only dog we know the actual birthday of, and while we celebrate everyone's birthday and/or adoption day, it's fun to know his actual birthday. I made pupcake for the even, obviously, which all the dogs enjoyed. 



Back from holidaycation I had some cooking to do, and these guys are trained so well to stay out of the kitchen, this is what it looks like when I tell them I need my space. 


Sadly, the lights broke the night before we left on our trip, so we did a little jimmying and told everyone we'd fix them when we got back, so we did a little work on Saturday and got them back up and running. 


And once again, we had them looking pretty good up throughout the neighborhood. 


We had a couple packages waiting for us when we got back too, including a mustard shipment from Rachel Baker, thanks Rachel! 


We started our Christmas punch board with Tic Tac Toe races, though I believe after the argument over this one, we need to retire it for good. 


We had some nice weather, so Asa and I brought out our new pickleball stuff to give it a go. 


And, I worked on getting the latest of the lids on the mural. Holly and Garrett volunteered at a recycling plant and have enough blue lids for me to finsih this off. So, I look forward to doing that after I see them in January. 


Asa and I went around running errands and collecting all of our free stuff for the holidays too. We nabbed free chicken sandwiches (with a $1 purchase at Burger King). 


And we got our free coffee Tuesday at Wawa, and our monthly free chicken salad! 


Plus, Aroma Joes had a 12 days of giving situation, where things were BOGO or severely discounted. 


All free. LOVE it. 


We had been gone so much, we didn't do any Christmas light walks, so we made sure to try and squeeze one in on a nice night. 



There's some cool stuff out and about in our neighborhood, but nothing like on Blue Spring Drive! 


We did another punch- playing the snowman game. 


We had a new wrapper though, in Peyton (Asa had the "I'm on a boat" feeling for awhile after we got off the boat and didn't think spinning around was a good idea). 


Peyton made a good effort, but the winning Christmas bucks went to Hayden and Calib. 


And then there was ANOTHER incident with the lights. We couldn't figure out how they came down this time, but they were ripped in two AGAIN between Mike and Teresea's house. I told Asa I thought we could fix them- and we did, for the most part. We were out there splicing wires back together with the Harvison's, and I know Asa was sick of them at this point. But, people going by and telling us how great it looks was total inspiration to keep going. 


The third time was in fact the charm, we stopped hanging the white lights over the two trees, where it kept breaking, and since then, they stayed perfectly. It's been nearly two weeks since then (and Christmas is over), so I can confidently say it worked this time around. If they fall now, we'll just take them down a little early. 

The Harvison's were also gone for a holiday weekend to North Carolina. We watched the cats, and were rewarded with fun mustards! (Not neccessary, but totally appreciated!) 


After we fixed the lights, I noted the mini donut food truck was down at the lodge, so we went down to get a few. (They were really good). 


On the way back we noticed Kickliter (the street across from the lodge) had finally strung lights over the road. Kickliter was my inspiration, so I wanted to go check it out, and as we got closer, we realized a guy was actively stringing them. He said usually the whole neighborhood gets in on it, but everyone was busy this year. He did give us some pointers though. He zipties rope lights to regular ropes and strings those. Not a bad idea. 


We had some colder and rainy-er days too (though nothing like we'd experience a few weeks later). 


But, things had been going pretty well, Calib even passed another one of his classes in no time at all! So, a round of taco bell for everyone. 


I also made a lot of homemade Christmas gifts. My cricut sure comes in handy for things! 


And another punch: the traditional snowball fight. 


Sorry for the disjointed blog, there were just a lot of random things here and there. 

Next up: the Ugly Christmas Tree of 2020

No comments:

Post a Comment