Wednesday, January 18, 2023

535 Tacos

A little behind again, but catching up on the blog, before I get to the Sattler weekend at Disney, there were a few days inbetween when I last blogged and when we headed out to Fort Wilderness. Of course, mom is still here, so everyone is a bit displaced (though Hayden is still in the blanket fort- check him out watching Pocahontas while during his American history class). 

The dogs are also a bit displaced. They never seem to know quite where to lay if they can't be in Calib's room until noon. 


Our Fantasy Football wrapped up, though we know I'll be handing over the toilet trophy to Asa, not sure how we're deciding on a winner after the Cincinnati and Buffalo game got cancelled. 


Hayden spent all his Christmas and blood money (aka Amazon gift cards) and got a whole lot of Villianous expansions, which we have been playing. 



Mom, Calib, Asa and I headed up to Brooksville for some Cracker Barrel. 


More specifically to meet up with Cracker Barrel Jane and see what she was up to. 


We've had a couple of failed classes as of late. I have decided to make something yummy so the kids can eat their feelings if they don't pass. But both times I made cinnamon roll monkey bread, and both times I dumped it out it fell apart- fitting I guess, since I was making it for a failed class. 


We did decide for the last weekend of regular season football we'd make breakfast tacos (and to help us get up our count). 


 I present to you tacos # 498, 499 and 500. I'd like to thank street taco shells for making it all possible. (Also we've watched Bucs games a lot of places this season: on a cruise ship, out with friends, at Cedar Point, and even in person). 


The total count for the 2022 Season: 

That weekend my neice also texted me to see if I could make her and her friends Minnie Ears for their upcoming Disney trip. They were hoping for Ratatoullie inspired, so I pulled some stuff together. 


And then I needed just a little peach felt for Remmy's nose. Instead mom took me shopping and bought out the entire Hobby Lobby. 


I came home and got to making some ears. 


Ta da! Success!


I'd never made duplicates before, and I did pretty good making them all look alike, I thought. 


For good measure, I also made some stitch ears, and ones for me to wear to the Hoop Dee Doo Review. 


After failing his test earlier in the week, Calib passed- so it was Taco Bell for everyone. 


That day I also sent a message to Gwen to see if they wanted their names on the back of their ears. I think they turned out pretty great!


Peyton would be upset if I didn't mention her accomplisments this week. Turns out Calib is no longer the high score holder for Piano Man on Rockband. 


Asa and I had a date night for some Red Lobster. 

And did I mention Ellie is doing much better on her meds- though poor Asa is a dog nurse these days. 


We had another cold snap- mostly because Cort was coming to visit. 


And on Thursday we randomly decided to go to iFly where Calib and Asa did some indoor skydiving (the videos are better than the pictures, I'll have to add those sometime). 


Bascially you go in this tube with an instructor and they simulate sky diving. 

Obviously the give you an orientation and all the gear you need. 

Practicing for their two one minute flights... 


And then into the chamber they went. 


They even got certificates, so they're very official. 


Asa and I also hit up Aroma Joes for our free tea. (We love free stuff!) 


And then I left all the directions out for Peyton who was going to be staying home the first couple of days we were at Disney to hold down the fort, and then join us for our last night (two days) there. 


I leave you with cute dog pictures. 


Next up: we're headed to Disney with the Sattlers! 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment