Tuesday, June 13, 2023

Filling My Cup

I think by now, my readers know I'm an introvert. I struggle with social anxiety, and would much prefer to be a hermit. I get this surprises people, because I hide it well. But, I know this isn't the best for my mental health or Asa's, and so I've been working on being around people more. However, I'd been filling a lot of other cups lately: doing things for the kids, my library classes, the rapid rescue kitten programs, hanging out with neighbors: just generalized social things. And, I needed a break. With hardly anything on the calendar this past weekend, I deemed it 'fill Corinne's cup' weekend to recharge. It started on hardly the weekend- but Wednesday night, when I decided to give my hair a good chop. To be clear, I don't grow my hair long because I like long hair. In fact, I hate it. But, I hate having to find a new hairdresser more. I finally thought I was going to do it this time, but with our anniversary approaching, I was just like 'eff it- I'm doing it myself'. So, nearly 12 inches off later, I still have way longer hair than I'd like, but it's much more manageable, and I can donate the ponytail. Maybe next time I'll be up for going to a salon.  




Also worth noting: Calib passed his sequel exam, so Taco Bell all around. 


Mostly though, I was hoping for low key. We took some walks, and hit the pool. I even got a free AJ tea! 


Thursday I hit the town with Asa and Hayden. We had an excellent dinner.. 


..and then headed over to the Straz to see Annie. I didn't like it as much as the movie, but the acting was on point, the ASL team was AMAZING, and the balcony seating was a fun change of pace. Plus, we got it all for about $30 a ticket, so not too shabby! Plus now I get to hear Hayden play Annie songs on the piano. 



Friday I did some crafting, and made myself my D'n'D character, Eleanor. And Calib and I both finished up our solo campaigns. 


We picked up our free chicken salad to have a quick lunch over at the pool. 


And we even got Olivia and Calib to hang out. 


Saturday morning we did a bike ride, and to our surprise, cows are back along the trail in Connerton. Asa was most excited to see them! 


Jen was actually the one to ask about the bike ride, we've gone with her a couple of times, and we're showing her all the fun trails and tunnels along the way. 


After our bike ride, we hit the pool again- with more chicken salad. 


We also brought some books, drinks, sunscreen, and music along and made an afternoon of it. 


But a long bike ride, plus the pool is likely to tucker me out. I got cozy on the couch with my puppies and cuddled up next to Asa while he played his Star Wars game... 


..and then fell asleep. You guys, I never ever take naps. It was crazy. When I awoke Asa was ready to make me some coffee. 


For dinner on Saturday we went to Tibbys. Our friends had raved about it, so we wanted to check it out. 


At the last minute, Olivia and Calib asked if they could tag along. I was happy they wanted to hang out! We did have quite a wait.. 


..but it was totally worth it. 

When we got home we found Hayden in his loft, and Ellie- who always wants to be where the people are- down below. 


Sunday we decided to head up to Beasley Farms. It was a Market weekend, so we nosed around- but we're mostly there to see the animals. Bella, the cow, is our particular favorite. 



Though the goats are always fun too. 





For a bit longer we get sunflower season too! 



In fact, they were letting everyone pick a free sunflower to take home. 


I also grabbed some watermellon to have on the way home, which was delicious by the way. 


Hayden didn't pass his health fitness and wellness exam about two weeks ago. I had 'Waterstraut promised' (that's a solid- you can't break that), that I'd make him his 'failure monkey bread' before he took the exam again. He's planning on doing it this week, so I had to deliver on my promise. (In the form of monkey bread muffins). 


And then of course, there was more pool time. Such a hardship taking care of the pool for the neighbors, I tell you. 


I even went over yesterday, by myself, after doing a ton of yard work. I moved and transplanted some things- mowed, edged- all that good stuff, so I figured I deserved a popsicle in the pool. I might head over today because the feels like temperature was already in the 90s when I woke up today! 


Next up: It's Anniversary Weekend!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment