Saturday, September 9, 2023

Disney Date Day Returns!

After our two days in Sarasota, Asa and I weren't quite done with some Asa and Corinne days, so we decided to head out to Disney. After all, that first week in September after Labor Day is one of the best weeks of the year to swing by. We decided it had been awhile since we hit up the Magic Kingdom, so off we went. 


And while it was still hot, MK was at least feeling like fall with the decorations. 


Plus we got up early enough to hit up Sleepy Hallow for lunch. Probably my favorite place in the Magic Kingdom to eat. Who doesn't love a good waffle sandwich? (It's also a good deal, Asa and I can both get full on about $20). 



I had made my Tiana ears forever ago, and I really wanted to go get my picture with Tiana in them, but the line was always so long. We got lucky this time- 20 minutes or so- so we waited in Fairytale Hall. 




And we got to see her in all her Princess and the Frog glory. (Most underrated princess and movie for sure). 



Tiana love my shirt, and my ears so much, I gifted them to her. She had tears in her eyes, it was so cute. I can always make another pair. And she seemed so excited about them. It even took Asa by surprise, though, so there's not really pictures of the exchange. 



Rapunzel was meeting with Tiana though, and she was super excited about me gifting the ears too. And I mean, how lucky am I that I got them both at once? IMO those are the two coolest Disney princesses there are. 








Of course, I told Asa after all that it was his turn to pick what we did next and to nobody's surprise he picked Country Bear Jamboree. 



Back to my pick, and I wanted to finally go see Enchanted Tales with Belle- it had been pre-covid since we did that! 


We also discovered a fun new game to play with Gwen and Garrett where we play 'Where in the world is Uncle Asa and Aunt Corinne' and by 'the world' we mean Disney World. We send them pictures of obscure places, and they have to name where we are. Who ever has the most points next time they come to Disney World gets dinner on us. 



Gwen did eventually get Enchanted Tales with Belle, meanwhile, Asa got a part in the show! 







After that, we headed over to Philharmagic- because what trip to MK is complete without it? 



And we also got to try out our new Magic Band Plus's that we got at the end of our anniversary- they even interact with the 50th statues! 


And we were lucky enough to get a Tron virtual queue. And this time it was basically walk on! 



Seriously, such a fun ride. 


We still had some time before party guests got in for the day, so we took a spin on Buzz Lightyear. 



And we spotted the nod to Mr. Toad's Wild Ride! 



On our way out we were treated to the Rainy Day Cavalcade, which is a rare sighting. 




And we treated ourselves to some PSL's for the road. You know it's not too busy in MK when we're willing to wait in the Starbucks line. 


On our way home, we swung by Lakeland for dinner, and brought some home for the kiddos. 



And I cuddled Mac and Cheese for the last night he was with us. 



Next up: Football's BACK!!! 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment