Wednesday, September 27, 2023

Wake Me Up When September Ends

A few more September odds and ends for you. (Mixed in here was a day trip to Philadelphia, which I'll get to-) But for now, when I last left you, we were at CEO Taku. Asa and Hayden has spent two full days going hard, and were exhausted. So, Sunday they decided we were just going to get up, and get home instead of hanging around too much. Asa and I ran over to Wawa for some morning coffees (the Wyndham is right next door, so that's nice). 

And even nicer is that we were home in time to put out a taco bar and watch football. 





The dogs sure were happy to see us. 




And, I did have some coffee from my new fall mug. I looked at this mug during the flower and garden festival, and passed for the hefty price tag. Then it showed up at the passholder sale for $5! It's my fall mug, so I should be putting away summer soon (since we're now a couple weeks into fall). 


Not sure how this picture snuck in here- its from our trip to Sarasota, but mini donuts were tasty. Nothing too special, but good and not pricey. 


Of course we continued to cash in on our PSL's during their September 'Thurs-yays' where you got BOGO drinks. 


I've moved my business from just ears into ears and bows (and I'm kinda lovin some of these bows) And, I had to work on getting a whole display going, since I was able to get myself into a market with no vendor fee thanks to my library connections. 


Asa used some leftovers to make us some nachos. So, that was awesome. 


I scored a cotton candy machine on the buy nothing group. Super excited to pair this with my snowcone and popcorn makers for a full party experience. 


We spent some time watching Harley, the neighbors new dog. She took some time to warm up to us watching her, but by the end she was letting me give her belly scratches. 




It also turned fall, so not only was it new mug time- it's also time for the Gobbler (and it's Schwarberfest since the Phillys are in the playoffs, meaning it's just $6 for a classic hoagie). 



Asa and I swung by the library's 'grand reopening' and dedication. They waited until all the furniture came in to do it, so while they've been open from the remodel since last November, they were just getting around to the flash big wigs coming in for the ribbon cutting. Asa and I thought it sounded cool (and we were personally invited since we're volunteers), but we quickly realized it wasn't our jam, and ended up hiding in the Makerspace making Victoria's weaving project bookmarks. 


I decided I need to get some height at my display table for my ears, so I put this together with some hooks that Ama gave me and some scrap wood. I think it came together nicely. 


<pause for a puppy break>


You'll read all about our Philly trip in the next blog- but I had a bright idea for a day trip to Philly (which was super fun), however, I didn't account for plane delays and what was going to be a 22 hour trip turned into 26 hours). Thank goodness Aroma Joes had free coffee the next day. 


I attended my first market- at Dade City Farms Fall Festival, and I actually sold pretty well- I brought 20 pairs with me, and sold 11 in addition to six bows. And, it wasn't even very busy there, as it's the first season this farm is doing a fall festival (thus the $0 vendor fee). 








So you know, a day on the farm, making a couple hundred bucks while hanging out with farm animals, isn't a bad way to spend a Saturday. 












That evening, with my monies I bought everyone pizza and some more coffee. Because, man, life has been exhausting lately. 


And then we spent the evening hanging out at the Harvisons with the kitties, Dom, and Nando. 













And, that's it. Making good blog progress today. 

Next up: A day trip to Philly. 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment