Friday, September 22, 2023

NFL Kickoff 2023

Another blog behind, another batch of pictures all out of order. But, we're going with it, to try and get caught up! Of course, it's PSL Season and every Thursday in September you could get bogo fall drinks. We cashed in for us and the kids, on multiple 'Thurs-yays'


We watched the neighbors cats, of which you'll see pictures later on- but they gave us the CUTEST card along with some popcorn for watching their furry family members. 


I've been working my side hustles lately- taking orders for ears and mailbox numbers. 


Hayden passed a couple of classes, because Hayden's out here always passing classes. I don't know what numbers these were, but he's on 9 and 10 now- both of which he plans to finish before the end of the month and his first term. That'll give him 30 credits in one term. He's out here killing school. 


I do know one of these classes was Science Lab, because Asa and him were doing some sort of science experiment.  


We cashed in on our 85 cent Blizzards one night after Chess Club.. 


I tagged along, but I've been bringing other strategy board games for some of the kids who find it a little much to do chess for hours on end. Battle Sheep has been very popular. 




I've been working a lot on my crafts.. and I love my new little desk set up. 


Dom went with us for National Cheeseburger day to get our free McDonalds and BOGO Culvers. 


We said he was like our new kid since our actual kids are never up before 1pm. It's usually jsut me and Asa for the first 4 -5 hours of the day. 


Apollo and Neptune were super fun to watch. They were very cuddly when we came to visit. Vanellope was a little more standoffish. 



Asa and I went to the Science of the Cuban Sandwich festival at MOSI. It was like $25 a ticket but then you got in for free samples from various places, a drink, talks, displays, and giveaways. 






We had a great time trying all the sandwiches and found some new favorites for us in the Tampa area, and then cashed in on one of our 85 cent blizzards on the way home. 


As fun as our night was, we sure missed a lot of excitement on Blue Spring Drive, so it turns out when Calib was walking back from feeding the cats, he noticed a small gator in Rick's driveway a couple houses down from us, but the grage door was partially open (which we know he leaves that way for his outdoor cats), and the alligator ran in when Calib walked by, so Calib knocked on the door to let Rick know he had a gator in his garage. Calib later went to get help from Dom (who was busy protecting his Shephard's Pie dinner from intruders and refused to help), and Vince. Vince came down with some gardening gloves and a cooler and picked up the gator to release him back into the pond. I feel like we miss all the fun! 



But hey, the cats were happy to see us the next morning. 


There's been a little more Stardew Valley with Jake. 


I rode in the car with Calib- in the front seat. I think that might be a new development. 


Asa and I are lunch in the library breakroom one day too, because between my crafting class and his Teen DnD there wasn't time to go home in between. He went out to grab my free birthday Chicken Salad Chick, and was back right as my class ended. 


It's nice for him to have my crafting classes right before because after he helps me set up and he can work on his campaign, before I need his help for clean up. 


That Saturday was macrame feathers. 



And, of course, Teen DnD


Another Saturday was my first 'Cricuting with Corinne' class, where I taught people how to use Heat Transfer Vinyl. 


Dome came over one night for a movie night- and we watched Elemental, which was super cute. We waited for it to come on Disney Plus, but it would have been worth seeing in the theater. It was a really pretty movie. 


Another neighbor, Firedog Oakley needed some help training, so I learned how to help with that, which is fun! Plus Oakley is a very smart pup! 


We scored some really good bacon at Detwiliers market, so Asa was making some awesome breakfast sammies AND it's lemon season, ya'll! Were getting whole pitchers whenever we want them straight from the backyard these days. 


Of course, Football finally started which meant not only the return of Red Zone, but also of the Taco Bar... can we beat last year's count of 535? Stay tuned to find out. 


Of course, we're down Olivia this year, who is still out in Arizona. (Well, as if this writing she is also on her way to Australia- so that'll be an adventure!) 


But we still had all the usual fixings... 


..and more than just us to help eat tacos and add to the count. 


Jake and Ama were here to pick up Mac&Cheese. (Ellie still went to the door for days after Mac went home, hoping to see him). 



The Harvisons, Dom& Nando and Vince also all came over to help add to the count. 


Not bad for week 1- And, I won my fantasy game against Garrett, so YAY! 


And shoutout to Hayden who helped prep for the taco bar by cleaning out the fridge AND pre-chopping all the veggies. It's a task he's taken on every week since, and I super appreciate it. 



Week 2 at the taco bar, saw a smaller crowd- but still some visitors, and some new contributions like homemade refried beans, desserts, street corn dip, and homemade salsa. Plus Vince always shows up with pineapple rum juice. And who wouldn't love that? 


And your Waterstraut dog pictures... 




Next up: A weekend in Orlando for CEO Taku (aka Hayden's much anticipated birthday gift). 

No comments:

Post a Comment