Wednesday, December 13, 2023

A Rough November

I think most of you know, on November 1st, we lost our dog, Ellie. I'll get to a blog about her, when I feel like I have it in me. But, for now, I'm so far behind on the blog, I figure I'll power ahead- So, the next couple weeks after that, were tough. We did start volunteering at the shelter. My happiest times were walking the Pasco County shelter pups. Everything for those first couple weeks was self care, and there were still so many tears. I will say, our Florida family, and friends from around the country showed up to send us love. Neighbors brought sweets, the vet sent us flowers (Ellie had to go to an emergency hospital and not our normal vet), the hospital took super good care of us, and Ellie's remains, and we just really felt the love. We even had breakfast paid for from afar. It was just nice to feel that loved while I was in such grief.  

In all of it, we did watch some other pets, which helped. We "celebrated" our House Anniversary- at least with the picture on the porch, and pretty much stayed to ourselves, until the week before Thanksgiving when we brought back the taco bar, and everyone came over and gave us some love. All in all, it's been very tough. I'm still just so heartbroken over my loss six weeks out, but I am so grateful I've had so many people around us to help us cope. 































 

No comments:

Post a Comment