Monday, January 9, 2012

Week 23: I Hope You Step On A Lego!

Well, I have less fun exciting things to report this week, and more unfun and unexciting things to report.

The good news is, Calib got home safely from his trip up north. His hair, however, did not. Here's the thing about Calib's long hair: I don't like it, but he does. I feel like you really have to pick and choose your battles. As long as he takes care of it, washes it, brushes it, is it really that big of a deal that it's long, and in his eyes? He likes it, and it's HIS hair. So, that's fine. But, other people have other ideas, and take him to get a haircut no matter what he says, or how much he protests. He's been wearing hoodies and hats since he got home just to kind of hide his new haircut. It'll grow out again, I know, but I feel bad for him in the meantime.

After he got home, Asa decided to call the landlord (again-we'd been trying for a week to get ahold of him) to see about renewing our lease for 3 or 6 months. Until yesterday, we had no indication we weren't signing another lease, and every indication that we were. But, our landlord is now non-committal and refusing to tell us if he wants us to go our stay when the lease is up February first. Unfortunately, we just can't stay here any longer, especially when at the moment we have another option. We did find a rental in the same school district, which turned out to be way too small. I'm willing to downsize, but not half the space I have now. I just don't think that's doable. So, we went back to the drawing board. Initially, we thought it was going to be really difficult to find a reliable rental. But, it turns out, not so much. We put in an application for another, thats actually a bit better space than we have now, and may put in another one tomorrow. Both are a couple subdivisions over, same school district, about the same price were paying now, and owned by Realtor and their companies. They aren't up for sale or anything, but more made for people like us, who are close to buying, but not quite there yet. I think the expectation is then you'll use the realtor that you rent the house from, which I really have no problem with. And, as far as our current landlord goes- well, my blog title is directed at him. And guess what? I'm taking all my energy efficient light bulbs with me, and you're getting dollar store ones instead. So ha! I've also been letting the big lights above the sink the the bathroom burn out, and I have not been replacing them. There's only 4 of the 8 left. Take that!

Because of all the house hunting, and crap of that nature going on, I don't have a lot to report for this week. The boys did go back to school, and are still tired and whiny in the morning. I take partial blame, as I didn't try and readjust them back to a schedule a few days ahead of time, and instead just tucked them in bed, wide awake, at 9:30 pm on Monday night. Yea, they were still up at 11:30. Luckily, Asa swapped working from home on Saturday morning for having a day off on Tuesday, and was here to help round them up in the morning. Hayden wasn't having it. Luckily, nobody got homework the first day back, so they were all able to come home from school and lay on the couch like zombies for a few hours, before falling asleep before 10 last night.

Calib and Peyton have been spending a bunch of time over at their friend, Casey's house lately. Casey is an only child, and I think his parents enjoy having our kids over because it keeps Casey busy, and more importantly un-bored. Because, as any parent would know, a bored child is pretty awful to deal with. And, I think Rich and Shea also know right now is pretty stressful with the whole move in a hurried fashion is pretty stressful on us. So, thanks to them for adopting my children the last few days of vacation, and last night- and feeding them, and dropping them off for us. Last week Petyon had two sleepovers over at Casey's, and Calib was still in Ohio, so Hayden was freaking out at the prospect of sleeping by himself. We dragged his mattress into our room, and had a mini sleepover, and we may or may not have had ice cream out of the carton while watching cartoons.

Friday Asa had switched days again to gain a work from home day, and lose a regular work day. So, we went out to the ropes course at Mosi. I went on the ropes course with my friend Brandy when she was visiting, and it was super fun. I knew Peyton would love it- so we took the opportunity to take him out there. Hayden was happy to just play on the playground, while Asa and Peyton climbed the entire course. I kept my feet on the ground this time, and took lots of pictures, and really, thats the only exciting pictures I have for the week, so here they are, have a look!





Friday Night Justin had us over for dinner, and we made this Pub Chicken that was delicious. I'm going to have to pick up the recipe next time I'm at publix, because it was easy to make, easy to keep Peyton and Hayden's chicken plain, and everyone was happy. Well, except for Asa and his spinach, but he ate it anyway. The boys were very ancy though, so I brought them home to catch the finale of Wizards of Waverly Place (which God help me, I somehow got roped into watching), and Asa stayed to play some video games with Justin.

We did get to watch all the football games this weekend though, even though I had to make a run to the airport to get Calib, and Asa had to work Saturday morning. Our whole family made our playoff and superbowl predictions. My mom was here too, so she made her picks. I'm in the lead, after picking everyone but Denver correctly. I know, I went with my head, not my heart, or I for sure would have picked the Tim Tebow team. But then, my heart would have had me pick the Falcons too. The good news is, it can't be my worst case superbowl of the Steelers vs. the Packers now.

I did manage to be productive this week too, got all the Christmas stuff down, get a good laundry head start, even made my own 'no more tangles' because I was either going to have to start buying the stuff by the gallon, or finally, after 6 years, actually find someone to cut my hair in Florida. Oh, and we made our manatee swim reservations- which I'm really hoping we don't have to reschedule because of this whole having to move situation. I also lived through helping Peyton with his homework for the first time in a month. Common factor time!

We also got all of our amazon orders. I finally have a camera with a flash again, and Asa got this new fangled coffee maker thing. Calib got his mp3 player, and is going into full fledged- stick in some headphones and not listen to my parents-teenage mode. Peyton's pillow pet mistakenly got delivered to Ohio, but made his way back down here via an airplane ride. Hayden also got a pillow pet, and the pout-pout fish book. I love Amazon, you can get anything there!

Up Next: Hopefully some official house plans, something fun, and another Tim Tebow win.. I think... maybe...hopefully..






No comments:

Post a Comment