Monday, December 28, 2020

Social Distancing Journal Days 239 to 244: Biden Wins!

 Ok. So I know I've been missing for awhile. But, there was an issue with pictures and blogger. I think I've found a work around but that means I am WAY behind. So, I'm going to try and speed catch up before the new year. 

Lets rewind to perhaps one of the greatest days in all of quarantine: 

Day 239: Saturday, November 7 Election 2020, Day 5

It was around lunch time when CNN finally made the call! 




Raise a glass to freedom, people! I can't tell you the relief I felt. I cried. It was amazing. And then we all made drinks. 

It's official! 





And historic. Kamala as VP! Yay!! 


And the country rejoiced. I had been so glued to the TV for days, but I couldn't turn it off at this point. It was so fun to see people take the streets to rejoice. 






Time to update the board! 


You know, after everything I saw from Trump in person and just in the news, it's so good to see this all come to an end. 


While, he, of course, golfs. 


And Hillary finally gets to see justice. 


And we all get to hear from Obama again. 



Celebrations continued... 




We made a special display in the Hall of Presidents. 


And we all moved to Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood for the first time EVER. 


Hayden made a Donald Trump for his Dumpster Fire to National Treasure rankings. 


Oh, and it was also our house anniversary (I take this picture every year on our anniversary. But, it was funny because we closed on this house the day before Trump was elected. And here we are four years later. 


We also banged on some pots and pans. 


And had Publix subs to celebrate. 


And smores and a fire and sparklers. 



You could hear fireworks going off all around the neighborhood, too. 





And then we all watched Biden give his acceptance speech. You'd think of course, since I'm writing this like two months later Trump would have given a concession speech by now. But now, we're still waiting on him to accept that the election wasn't a fraud. But, who cares. He can't stop anything that's happening anymore. he's going to be out in just a few weeks now! 



Day 240: Sunday, November 8

I did brave Publix very, very quickly to get myself a paper the next morning. 


You know, to add to my collection. 


And Asa made me crab fries to continue the celebration. 


And now, we know help will arrive on the 20th of January, so the board was updated accordingly. 


Day 241: Monday, November 9

After an eventful weekend, this was the one picture I took on the 241st day of quarantine. But, I did discover all the dogs like squash! 


Even Ellie, and she's usally a strict meat-a-tarian. 


Day 242: Tuesday November 10

And this was my picture for the day on Tuesday. Poor Ellie REALLY wanted that lizard. 


Day 243: Wednesday November 11

I did spend this week worrying about a hurricane headed our way. This one was all over the place, but by the time it arrived in Tampa, it was Tropical Storm Eta. Still gusty winds and lost of rain. But not too bad. 


We did have to bring in some hanging plants, which had a couple stow aways on it. 


So Asa had to come to the rescue. 


And here is Florida man cooking out during a Tropical Storm during a Pandemic. Those things don't collide very often. 


Day 244: Thursday, November 12

Running out of at home things to do, we did order a new coloring book. 


And then colored pictures for Layla's birthday. 


I loved Hayden's inside out. 



Up next:  Waterstraut Bubble plus 1



No comments:

Post a Comment