Wednesday, December 30, 2020

Social Distancing Journal, Day 288 thru 292

 Welcome to that void between Christmas and New Years! We should be doing our last two presidents. But, I decided I just need a little break, and we can get to those in the New Year. Instead, we're just hanging out. 

Day 288, Saturday December 26

Hayden got a new coffee mug. It's very 2020, it has King George from Hamilton on it, and he's wearing a mask. It says "2020. Awesome. Wow". Since our Hamilton obsession came from 2020, it's perfect! 


Peyton was trying out his new takoyaki pan. 



But we also put out lots of leftover snacks from the holiday. 



He made the balls out of crab, which I appreciated (usually they are out of octopus). 


Turned out great for his first try! 


We also spent the day watching football. The Bucs were playing on a Saturday which is totally weird. Still, they killed the Lions, and secured their playoff spot for the first time since 2007. That's something! 


We also played some new games. 


I don't have the edge on Ticket to Ride, Europe, so everyone is big fans. 


Phenom got himself a little sweater for Christmas, but it didn't quite fit him, so I had to tailor it to him with a little velcroe. It does look nice though, and it's a custom fit. Plus, on cold nights it kept him from waking me up from whining because he's cold. (He REFUSES to stay under a blanket). 


And hey, big TV in the bedroom is great for football watching. 



 Day 289, Sunday December 27

A cold day, but another football day, so good for tucking yourself in on the couch. 

Grandma also treated the boys to some Taco Bell. We'd been trying to get it on Uber Eats for days, but it was never available, so finally we just went out to get it. And nacho fries are back! 


Plus, eating take out in the blanket for is the best. 


And more football in the bedroom. I swear, it's just a temporary situation. 


 Day 290, Monday December 28

With my closet clear of Christmas gifts, I was able to get to mom's buried suit case. She packed one when she was here in February to leave for when she came back to take her cruise in April with Peyton. But, then as it turns out there was no cruise. How sad. But, she's got more bonus clothes now. 


And the last of our games arrived (shipping woes, you know?) So I could take my traditional Christmas picture of all the new games. I added puzzles in this year too. 


Day 291, Tuesday December 29

Misfits box day is my favorite day. 


We get so many goodies delivered right to our door! 


And it was a little warmer, so we decided on our last day of house sitting we would go over and eat by the pool again. 


I made myself a drink. 


But, I wasn't about to go in (I did put my feet in though). 


Hayden was brave enough to get in though. 


Calib made a solid effort, but didn't go much further. 


We took a walk after dinner. 


And spent much of the evening in the blanket fort working on the last presidents and watching The Office. It leaves Netflix on the 31st, and Hayden and Calib are determined to watch the rest of it before it's gone, so they've been watching it virtually non-stop for a week. 


Day 292, Wednesday December 30

Pandemic calendars are weird. 


We also got one more Christmas gift. Asa wasn't thrilled. 


But thanks Nate and Allison! I'm excited about it. 


Hayden and I also played the wall game. 


It's kind of like a combo of the penguin on ice game and jenga. 



We pre-ordered New Years Eve dinner on Uber Eats. 


And apaprently now we're putting the misfits options up on the tv and having people pick. 


We also decided on Wednesday to have 'new oven Thanksgiving' since we didn't get the oven in time for first Thanksgiving like we were supposed to. Plus, we still had one Turkey breast in the freezer, and some more good Thanksgiving pantry food still hanging around. 

Basically we just had second thanksgiving! 



And then we played a Yankee Swap game for our New Years Eve attire. 


That's it from here. I am all caught up and totally current. Goal met! 








No comments:

Post a Comment