Thursday, February 23, 2023

My Valentines

 Years ago, back when we had little money- we made a Valentines tradition of making fondue for dinner. It was an expensive dinner (by our means) but not nearly as expensive as all of us going out- and also not nearly inconvient as finding a babysitter and the two of us going out. Anyway, the tradition has stuck. It's one of all of our favorite meals all year. So now, even though we could go out for Valentines Day, why would we? It'd be crowded- and we have our very delicious tradition. Luckily, Calib wasn't working on Tuesday so we got to have it on Valentines Day, which was nice. 



I made up all the dippers and did the chocolate- while Asa took care of the cheese. And then we all enjoyed it and ate way too much food. 


To work it all off, I'm been doing some gardening. It's that wonderful time of year where it's warm, but not hot. And it's sunny. My lord is it sunny, every. single. day. I love the fall in Florida, but Spring? Those warm night breeze's. Uh. Just Amazing. Anyway, it's perfect lizard hunting for Ellie, which she loves as long as someone is out there with her. You don't even have to engage with her- just everyone mind your own business and she's happy. 


So happy in fact she was basically camoflauging herself in with palm fronds. 


Speaking of camoflauging in- check out the tree frog Asa found in his banana tree leaves! 


Since we didn't go out for Valentines Day, Asa and I did make a trip out that week and finally tried Miller's Ale House. The appetizers were among some of our favorites! 


Wednesday that week we went out to the State Fair. The only "kid" that opted to come along was Calib. We didn't mind- though we did have tickets for everyone, but I bought them 6 months ago when they put them on sale for $5. I said if there was even a chance you want to go- let me know. So, I bought five. We used three. Such is life (I still saved money!) 


We did the normal cracker country and agricultural building. 


But we're usually there for the animals. We did some chicken petting, and some baby chick and baby duck holding (Calib, still suffering from his fear of birds, declined to do any of it). 



And then we discovered a whole new area this year- a pen full of animals to pet and feed. I was in heaven. There was one loan pig.. 


...some baby cows that just loved licking my pants for whatever reason.. 


obviously goats and sheepy sheeps. 


..some nosey llamas that I kind of loved.. 


...and even a wallaby, that we got to feed part of a ice cream cone. 


At first I was a little sad it wasn't everyone in their usual pens- but I quickly realized this was much, much better. We stayed in here for awhile just petting and feeding and hanging out with all the baby animals. 


Overall, a nice trip to the fair. 


Thursday morning I awaited an email for passholder previews for Tron. I refreshed my email at 9am (a time I guessed at based on when the Guardians preview email came out) and clicked on the link as soon as I got it at 9:02am. Still, I was more than an hour until I could register. An hour passed. And then another. And then I had to go for Brunch reservations, so I had to cast to the TV and leave Hayden in charge. 


Brunch was good though (and the company was even better) Biscuit Beignets. Yum. 


Sadly, by the time Hayden got in three and a half hours later times were showing available, but when Hayden clicked on them they suddenly weren't available. And then we got this dreded thing: 


So, no Tron preview for us. Hopefully we'll be able to snag some virtual queues when it first comes out. 

Thursday afternoon, Asa and the kids were off to see Ant Man, which they all really enjoyed. Those tickets too were free thanks to some rewards- I never remember where Asa gets all these things. On the way home they swung by to get Taco Bell, curtousey of grandma, because Calib passed another class with flying colors. 


We've had some warm days and some chillier days around here- but almost all of them have been good for cozying up on the back porch couch. I'm going to miss it when it's not back porch weather anymore. 


I leave you with the Waterstraut PET pictures (Delano makes an appearance this time!) 

'

Next up: President's Day


No comments:

Post a Comment