Monday, February 24, 2020

Festival of the Arts 2020

I am totally killing it on getting caught up with the blog you guys. I taught Hayden Lincoln yesterday and finished up today, and I already have the blog up, and it's not even dinner time yet! 

We just had a couple days between my mom visiting and Allison, Nate, and Layla, so I told Asa we should try and get away for a date day. We hadn't had one in awhile, and I really wanted to make it to the Festival of the Arts at Epcot. It's the smallest and shortest of all the Festivals (if you don't count the holidays, and I totally don't) and I usually miss it, so this time I really wanted to go check it out. Plus, I just wanted to walk around and enjoy the awesome weather. 


There are some food booths for thearts festivals, so we did have a few items. The plating is supposed to be 'artsy'; plating or not, the deconstructed BLT was amazing. 


There's also, obviously, a lot of art to look at. Some of my favorite was the chalk art. 


And look, I even got to hold Remmy! 


Even in the pavillions if you look you'll find some hidden art, like in Mexico where we spotted the dog from Coco. 


And then you can always be the art yourself! 


Some of the food is more artsy than others, in China they had sugar art. I didn't buy any, but I did take a picture of the displays. 


And we got Asa a steamed pork bun, of course. They're his favorite. 


But the art, man it was so good, and I loved it so much. They have some non-disney inspired art. But, the disney inspired stuff was my favorite. 



We stopped by Germany and got a chocolate caramel cookie that was a steal at $4, the thing is huge. 


Over in Italy, I jumped in "the scream" painting. 


And then I got to sail across the Delaware with George Washington!! 


France had some nods to Beauty and the Beast, obviously. 


And then we decided to skip out the back of Epcot and ride the skyliner around. We changed lines at Carribbean Beach (I can't wait to stay there for our anniversary!!) and made our way over to Hollywood Studios. 


Over in Hollywood Studios there was more eating. We finally tried out the charcuterie board at Baseline Taphouse. It's not life changing, but it was yummy, and at only 10 bucks its an excellent deal by Disney standards. Also, we hadn't been to Galaxy's Edge since it opened, and I was craving a Ronto Wrap for sure. 


Plus, Galaxy's Edge reminds me kind of like Harry Potter at Universal, I don't have to do anything there, I just like to walk around. 


I even got yelled at by Storm Troopers for being on phone. They let me go, but warned me to stay on approved frequencies. It was amazing! 


I hadn't gotten us any fastpasses for the day, rides weren't really on my radar. I just wanted to walk and eat and hang out. But, as we were coming into Hollywood Studios, I loaded up the app, and a Slinky Dogs Fastpass for like an hour out was just sitting there! I didn't even have to refresh, it was crazy. I nabbed it right away. I love me some Slinky Dog Dash! 


We walked back to Epcot from Hollywood Studios. It's honestly one of my favorite walks around Disney. It doesn't take that long, you're out of the crowds, and it's just so pleasant to walk around. 


When we got back into Epcot, we continued our way around the world showcase and saw some more art, before heading into the Land pavillion where we rode Living with the Land and saw the new Amazing Planet movie. 


And, no trip to Epcot is complete without a trip on Spaceship Earth, so we did that too. This one is closing for refurbishment soon, so we have to get it in when we can. 


On Valentines Day we had to run some errands, and when we got gas, Asa realized he had a bogo for iced coffee at wawa! 


We also swung by Duncheons, and Asa got me a planter-- a chicken planter! I love it. 


Meanwhile, I constructed him a new planter box for his beans and peas for Valentines Day. 


You can't really tell, but once it was outside with dirt, I strung gardening twine for the plants to grow up. It's kind of awesome. I also attached our bee houses we made at the library so they would have a permanant home. 


My mom made her way to Cort and Holly's and delivered the Fantasy Football Superbowl Trophy to Garrett and Cort. Calib was sad we took it without him knowing (he totally knew, he just blew me off, apparently), and that he "didn't even get to say goodbye." 


I'd been promising Hayden a fun Friday for weeks too, and we finally got around to it. I have to rope one of the other boys in to play with him to make it more entertaining. It's funny the stuff they get right and wrong. I mean, sometimes they're around for the lessons, but not always. And some of it they just remember from before. 


Final Jeopardy was a four parter, though, and I told Calib all he had to do was get one of them right. 


He didn't get it right, though. Hayden did! He had to name everyone who lost the presidency to FDR. 


Of course Valentines Day means fondu dinner. It was so good, I kind of want to have this again for Leap Day, but we'll see if anyone else is on board. 


We went through two whole loaves of french bread, a whole head of broccoli and a bunch of sweets. But it was so yummy! 


We found out Friday night that instead of coming on Saturday, Nate and Allison were just going to drive right through and come on Friday. We'd get a bonus day with them! That evening, after dinner, I baby proofed the house a bit, and removed all my president's stuff at Layla's level and replaced them with kids books. 


Next Up: LAN Party 2020

No comments:

Post a Comment