Monday, February 24, 2020

Grandma's Winter Visit!

My mom usually visits in December, but she was in Italy, so she came a bit later this winter (though she has also made a habit of being around during Hayden's birthday), but she got here about three weeks ago. She was second in a line of three sets of visitors over a month, and she stocked us back up on everything at Costco. Asa was so excited he could finally go, he's usually working but his new schedule (which I guess isn't so new anymore) is AMAZING. He's MIA Monday and Tuesday, Wednesdays are pretty normal, he's out by 4, and then on Thursday and Friday he's done by noon. It feels like a four day weekend every single day. Anyway, with his old 10:30-7:30 schedule Monday thru Friday he basically could only go to Costco on the weekends. And what monster wants to go to Costco on a weekend? 


Anyway, my mom also brought us some gifts from Italy, some oils for Asa, some leather bookmarks for Peyton and Hayden, and a little leather change purse for me. 


And she was here in time for the state fair! Apparently every year they have a dog tent where you can go meet and pet pure bred dogs. I loved it! 


And we stopped by cracker country, where we bought some real old school, but totally awesome brooms! 


We also got some fun scrub brushes for dishes. 


Who doesn't love a good trip to cracker country! 


Of course we went to visit some animals, and pet the cows. I was really sad the MOO-ternity Ward being gone, though. 




Calib finally faced his fear and walked down the chicken asile. He's really growing up! Peyton didn't come with us, but I asked if he wanted anything and he said a baby chick, but Asa wouldn't let me get one. 


Of course, we celebrated Hayden's birthday, but I'll get to that blog in a minute (I'm slowly but surely catching up!) 


We did our usual visit to Cracker Barrel in Brooksville to meet with my mom's friend Jane. While we waited we played checkers, and we looked for candies who might want to be candidates for the election! 


We also got a new vaccume along the way. Our Dyson's suction left something to be desired, but the new Shark is awesome. 


Mom was here too, so she helped Calib with his math. 


And of course we played a whole bunch of games. 


We also made a trip to the Budhist Temple for the Sunday Market. 



We got Peyton on board for this one, but not Hayden. Peyton is a big fan of the soup. 


It was lovely weather that day too, we've been pretty hit or miss- par for the course for "winter" in Florida. But it was nice being out by the water. 


We also checked out some plants. Asa got a pepper plant he was real excited about, and I got a new succulent. 


So, overall an enjoyable trip to the Budhist Temple. The boys would all go a week later with Nate, Allison, and Layla- but I stayed behind. I don't need to go two weeks in a row, and I had work to do. 



We have some new plants going, so not a lot on the gardening front to report, but the tomato plant has been going strong, and mom was excited for some fresh tomatoes. 


We ran into At Home for a foam mattress pad for the trundle for Calib (that's where he sleeps when we have visitors) to make it a bit more comfortable,-- when we found a flamingo planter. Isn't it just the cutest? I love it. I actually got a couple new planters recently, and I really enjoy them both. 


Hayden had a library thing on Tuesday night, so when we went to pick him up we also stopped for some ice cream. 


With all the visitors as of late, the dogs have been a bit out of their routine, but they're doing well. Plus, I had my mom to help me walk them. 


Wednesday Calib had class, but we went to Blaze for lunch and met up with him before we had to take my mom to the airport. 


On the way back we swung by Wawa, they're having dollar coffee! 


That's it for my mom's visit. I know I wasn't super descriptive but I've got so many blogs to catch up on, pictures will have to do for now. My mom will be back in just over a month, when she goes on her cruise with Cort, Holly, and Peyton, so it won't be too long before we see her again. 

Next Up: I think I'm going to try and get to Hayden's Birthday blog next! 



No comments:

Post a Comment