Sunday, April 19, 2015

Calling all Chocoholics!

Just a quick blog tonight, I figured I would squeeze it in, since I just finished up all things James Buchanan (his birthday is Thursday), and I'm sitting here while Asa plays some games. (The guy deserves it, before I even got up this morning he had the carpets cleaned, the laundry going, the computer fixed, and dinner in the slow cooker... Now you know why I love work from home weeks!) 

Anyway, there's not too much to report from Friday and Saturday. Asa was in the office, and we did a whole lot of nothing at home. I did plan out our anniversary week at Disney and make all kinds of reservations and fast passes, and I did a little work on our upcoming project, but other than that, I just whined Asa wasn't around, and the boys went about their day. The Little Caesars opened this week, so Asa picked that up Friday on his way home, and that's all I've got for you. You didn't miss much. 

Today, though, I decided to break my own rule and go out on the weekend (the crowds, gasp!), to take Hayden to the special event at MOSI, The Festival of Chocolate. Peyton isn't a chocolate person, and Calib only likes it in some instances, but Hayden? I've never seen anyone like it more than this kid. He's one of those people that gets chocolate ice cream mixed with chocolate chips and topped with chocolate syrup. It's never enough for that kid. Plus, you know, one on one kid time is a bonus. 

So here's the pictures from the day in one of the shortest blogs ever. 


There was the chocolate fondue fountain. 


Which Hayden dipped marshmallows in. 


And liquid nitrogen ice cream! 

Hayden was a little freaked out by the process. 


But not the ice cream itself. 


There were tables upon tables of all things chocolate, and samples everywhere. 


We got ourselves some chocolate tokens (the official currency of the Festival of Chocolate). 


 And purchased a couple treats to bring home. 

There were also lots of games to be played. 




Including catapulting marshmallows into the giant hot chocolate cup. 



We stopped at Kids in Charge for some play time. 



And the place was practically empty. The crowds were there for the chocolate, not the exhibits apparently. 


There were other hands on activities too, including chocolate playdough... 


and chocolate slime! 



Plus some fun photo ops. 



We stopped by the butterfly house to check those out too...


...and we got to see some brand new butterflies! 


It was a nice day with my favorite chocoholic! 


Like I said, when I got home I worked on all things James Buchanan and now we're gearing up for Sunday night TV! Plus tomorrow is Asa's Friday (four day weeks rock!) 

Next Up: I had planned a beach day tomorrow, but we're at an 80% chance of thunderstorms, so we might have to scrap that plan for Friday. 





No comments:

Post a Comment