Monday, August 22, 2022

Day 11: Get To The Point!

Monday we headed out for lunch at Chuds with a friend from grade/high school, Melissa. No trip to Fremont is complete without a trip to Chuds to get some Chud spuds and a giant salad, and usually we meet Melissa there to catch up. This was the one and only time I ate inside a resturant on the trip, and the first time Hayden had eaten inside since covid (Florida has no shortage of outdoor seating options). Is this where we got covid? (because spoiler alert, we did in fact get covid sometime in the next few days here-- I told you all a few blogs ago I could feel it coming for us!) Probably not, but we'll never know. The Chud Spuds were good though. 

 

Jake also happened to have Monday off, so we convinced him to come back up to go to Cedar Point with us one more time. 



This was the first day of an 8pm close, which usually means lower crowds. Everyone was pretty excited at the prospect, and I wasn't wrong about it. Gatekeeper was walk on! 


We did have some rain, though. And I was like, how is this August? Cold AND rainy? gross. 


And before you get on me about it being "cold", it was a 30 degree feels like temperature difference from home, which is what I'm used to. 


Luckily, the weather cleared and the crowds never gathered. By this point in vacation, I was happy to have some quiet time to myself and wait with their stuff while they went on rides. 



Mom had left us with her pass that had free pop attached to it, and despite not being allowed to share, Asa had no problem using it. He liked to get weird combinations and then have people guess what it was. It was a game he played no less than five times that day. 




They did have a weird fascination with the Magnum this trip too, even after they told me how rough and terrible it was. They went on it over and over again, running past me yelling "one more time!" at least four times. 



I did go on the Gemini, which is surprisingly not showing it's age too much. I swear it's smoother than it used to be. 


And, we did get a snack of some mini corn dogs and cheese fries. 


They hit Maverick again just as the maitnance guys were leaving, so they got on in a pretty short amount of time. 


And then they accompanied me to barn to visit the animals again. 



Hayden's favorite ride in years past has been Iron Dragon. Obviously, he's graduated up from that- but he did have to do it for old times sake. Plus, it was the last coaster he hadn't done yet this trip. 


As park close neared, we did hop on the Skyride.. 


..to take in the views. 

After we got to the other side, everyone took off to try and get on Steel Vengeance before park close, so I parted ways with them there. 


I walked back up front, taking in Sneak Peeks and the new 150 years sign. 



And then I drove around to the back of the park so when they got off the coaster, they'd have a shorter walk to the car. They spent every last minute of park time there. We sure got a lot of use out of those passes. 


Worth noting, even on vacation (and even later with covid- truth be told, I'm fine-) I kept my Duolingo Streak going. I'm at 700 days! 


Next Up: The Sandusky County Fair 

No comments:

Post a Comment