Wednesday, August 10, 2022

Happy 41st Birthday to Me!

Last year, my birthday was a total blow out bash. And, it was amazing. But, this year my birthday fell two days before we were leaving on vacation, so I didn't want to go too far or do anything that would keep me away from home for too long (I know myself well enough to know that I would miss home, so I should soak it in while I can). I decided a quick trip into Tampa would fit the bill, and invited whoever wanted to get up early enough for lunch to come to Armature Works with me. That ended up being just Asa and Calib, which was fine with me- because that just meant it'd be cheaper to feed the three of us than the five of us. 


We fanned out and all got a couple of things to share. We got Saganaki from Kipos, loaded fries and onion rings from Butcher N Barbeque


A Tampa Girl Empanada from Empamamas and Quasatacos from Muchachas. 


Some of those are old favorites. I'm telling you those quasatacos are killer. But, the fries were a new addition I hadn't had before, and they might have been my favorite thing. 


After lunch we went down along the Riverwalk to Curtis Hixon Park for some Whatever Pops for dessert. 


And then I decided after some climbing around at the playground, that I wanted to run through the fountains, because apparently I'm not 41. I'm 10. 


It was nice to cool off though. August is hot in Florida, in case you haven't heard. 



After running in the fountains, we decided to rent scooters and ride them back to the car. These were pretty fun once you got the hang of them! 


But, they don't work on the Riverwalk, so at some point we had to get off the scooters and walk the rest of the way back. 


At home, the kids finally delivered on my game of Lifeboats they still owed me from Mother's Day. Calib won, which was fine for me, because I decided to vote the kids off in order of who told me Happy Birthday. Calib was the only one who came in at midnight to tell me Happy Birthday, and he was the winner. 


My birthday just so happened to fall on a Wednesday, which meant it was food truck night down at the lodge, so we walked down to get some Boba Tea! 


And then we played some more games. 


Later that night, T'Ola invited us over, she had gotten me a cake for my birthday! She is honestly the best neighbor, and I'm sooooo sad she's leaving (in fact, her house sold while we were on vacation, and I wanted to cry about it.) 


Asa then made us some steak for a late dinner, and I zoomed with my mom. So, it was a crazy 40th birthday bash, but I did have a really great birthday. 

Wrapping up our last day at home before our trip, we had one more take-out dinner in the 2022 Summer Blanket Fort before it came down.. 


And we made sure to fill out our ballots for the primary that we were missing while we were gone. (I am also so sad Nikki Fried lost and I now have to vote for stupid Charlie Christ for Governor. Ugh). 


Next Up: Road Tripping! 

No comments:

Post a Comment