Monday, July 11, 2011

Day 16- People are dropping like flies from this vaction.

Today we went down significantly in numbers. Mom left early this morning, but for breakfast we still had Cort and his family. Plus my friend Brandy and her friend (my new friend) Britt. So, we were still in need of a card table. Bridgette ended up sitting at it with the kids, reministent of a thanksgiving kids table. That Bridgette, I tell you, she is a kid magnet. She needs to start visiting more often, or really at all.

Anyway, breakfast was delicious. Aunt Patty really out did herself on the hospitality. If any of you are ever out in Seattle, you must stay at chez Hannifin, it's really pretty awesome. We had croissant sandwiches. Which I am now thinking about how yummy they were since I am typing about them, and thinking about how I will probably also get to eat some of the leftovers in the morning. Yay. Cort and Holly left shortly after that, and probably just made it home an hour or so ago. I hope they had a good trip, with no melt downs or anything. I'm sure Cort was very helpful to Holly though. He is very helpful you know, just in case you got the impression otherwise. (that should probably make up for all the making fun of him I did earlier- He does of course contribute to the parenting efforts.)

Brandy and Britt also brought voodoo doughnuts. If you don't know what they are, google them. It's a travel channel/food network thing. They were yummy, even though there was some talk of them ebing in a biohazard box for a day. I tried not to let that distract me from the hand delivered Portland, Oregon yumminess. However, when Peyton brought his pet slugs (again, thanks a whole lot Uncle Emmett) up to the deck and showed them off, I did lose my appetite a bit. They were still yummy though, and it's always nice to see Brandy, because she's the best Origami I know (I'm just going to call her that now, because I'm not really sure what you call people from Oregon). She couldn't stay too late though because she had to get back to her bacteria. Still, we sat out on the deck enjoyed the Seattle sunshine, and laughed a lot. We also watched a rousing game of hide-and-go-seek. Because, as you may know, hide in go seek is a spectator sport.


After Brandy and Britt were on their way, we gathered up all our stuff from the RV. We are moving up in the world since everyone else left. It was a fun experience though, I'd never stayed in one before. Plus I've slept in all kinds of random places lately, might as well tally up another one. I also checked my email, I'm hoping to be able to see as many people as I can in Ohio (So get your calendars ready folks, that time is almost here). I got one from Clint that was pretty funny. It was titled 'What to do now'. Someone is having a bit of post pardum depression, I believe. Anyway he said "So you are just finished with a loooong vacation (or perhaps half-way finished?) what to do now? Why, plan your next vacation, of course." He listed all kinds of fun places for us to go, so I'm excited about that.

I spent some time up with Asa and Bridgette while Aunt Patty was making dinner. It was SO quiet in the house, I could hardly believe it. I think even my kids were enjoying the silence, it's been so loud for so long. Being such the great hostess, there were even snacks to be had out in the living room before dinner. Dinner was delicious, because in case you haven't figured out, all the meals here are (5 star cooking establishment this place has). We had a chicken Parmesan, and ice cream cake for dessert, to celebrate Bridgettes birthday (a bit belated- but it still counts). Although, I'm pretty confident it was planned to have the ice cream cake tonight. Less people, Bridgette's headed back to Pittsburgh and obviously can't take the cake with her (as she pointed out it would have to stay solid until she got through security), and now there's conveniently lots of left overs. I saw Uncle Emmett snatching up what my kids didn't finished. He's an ice cream cake fan, that's for sure. Hayden didn't get any since he didn't eat all his dinner, and Aunt Patty taunted him with it by making him open the fridge door to put it away.

After dinner we left to take Bridgette back to the airport. She went a bit early so we could stop by the Seahawks stadium. It's super cool, I wish I was here in football season. I got my picture out in front of it, so add that one to the list. I did find myself wondering how many more I could get on this trip. I have a 3 hour layover in San Fransisco, anyone know how far that stadium is from the airport? Or, the Buffalo stadium from Niagara Falls? I should probably stop by Cleveland just to go ahead and mark that one off the list. Either way, one more down!


Then Uncle Emmett, Aunt Patty and Bridgette dropped us off at the Space Needle, so they could get Bridgette to the airport. I really wanted to take the boys there, even though I know it's a touristy thing to do. But, hey, I'm a tourist, I should soak it all in. It worked out so perfect, there were no crowds or lines (I mean it was a Sunday night). Best of all though it was right around sunset so we got to see it in daylight, and all lit up at night too. The boys really liked seeing everything from up there, we took lots of pictures, and took our time walking around at the top. We went down to the store, and the boys each got a little something. I got a charm, and was super glad I hadn't bought the expensive one at the fish market since it was so much cheaper at the actual space needle, very cool.

Aunt Patty met us in the gift shop, and Uncle Emmett came around to pick us up. I'm telling you the service is fabulous at this place! When we got back, we go the boys in bed and sat around the kitchen table talking for awhile. I don't get to spend a lot of time just talking with my Aunt and Uncle, so it was really nice. Uncle Emmett did tell us about how earlier in the day he told Peyton when you first find a slug you have to turn it over and see if it has huge teeth pointing at you, then the first time Uncle Emmett picked one up, he turned it over and yelled, which resulted in Peyton jumping back and freaking out, telling Uncle Emmett 'why did you do that? You scared the poop out of me' And Uncle Emmett said 'that's exactly why I did it'. He went on to say he got over it because he picked that one up to put in his jar. Except Peyton didn't get over his fear, because when I asked if he picked up the slug for his jar, he replied saying 'Oh no, I took two rocks, scooped him up and put him in'. It was pretty funny.


It's now super late, though, (ekk! time change is going to be a problem!) and tomorrow is my last day out here, so I have to make it count- so I'm off to bed.

Next Up: Last day in Seattle

No comments:

Post a Comment