Tuesday, June 2, 2020

Social Distancing Journal, Day 81

Coronavirus isn't the top story these days. Instead, we've got wall to wall news coverage of the protests. Largely peaceful, at night in some places (especially New York), it's led to looting and rioting. Many cities are under curfew. 

Last night, though, I saw the worst thing I think I've seen from Trump yet, when he gave a speech in the Rose Garden, about being a law and order president, and sending out federal troops if governors don't get their states under control, and then had peaceful protesters gassed to clear Lafayette park, half an hour before curfew, so he could have a weird photo op in front of a church, holding a bible (and when asked if it was his bible, replied with "it's A Bible"). Just, horrible. It's all horrible. 

In Coronavirus news, I think we're nearing 1.9 million cases in the US. Reports came out that Fauci hasn't met with Trump in over two weeks. Some doctors do seem concerned about if all the protests will spike cases. A lot of people are wearing masks, but it's obviously kind of hard to social distance in a protest. I did see the Senate is in no hurry for another relief package, if at all. 

Florida sits somewhere in the 57,000s, but we did pass the grim milestone of 2,500 deaths. Florida's Education Association offered a proposal for opening schools. Pretty much a lot of what has been said before, staggered schedules, different lunch times, hybrid learning. I did for the first time ever today see a commercial for the K-12 program. It's basically online learning that has existed for years. It's like home school but you don't have to do any of the curriculum. You still have a teacher in charge of all of that, but it's all done from home. I'm sure they're going to push that to help the crowding in schools. 

Disney's plan to open July 11th has been approved, and while they announced nearly a week ago now they were canceling all dining reservations and fastpasses, it took days to see them all disappear from our account on the MyDisneyExperience App. (Chef's De France was the sole remaining one this morning, but it's gone now.) We still haven't gotten any personalized information that our resort reservations have been canceled. 

So, that's the news. My irritation from my masks is getting much better. I think by tomorrow I'll be back to normal. But this morning, I did go out to take Ellie for her walk. (Excuse her eye boogers, I usually wipe them in the morning, but she was insistent we go for her walk NOW). 


And since the plan was to stay inside most of the day, we worked on Hayden's tshirt quilt. 


This has been a multiple step project. We cleaned out closest in the early days of quarantine. Then we had to order (and wait forever) for the t-shirt backing. Then, we cut the squares, and that was like a couple weeks ago. 


We also didn't have backing, but we decided we could use a tshirt sheet (a king sized one I had already cut up some for masks). Now all we have to do is tie it! 


I leave you with some cats hanging out in the blanket for pictures. 


Most popular "hurricane snacks": Birthday Cupcakes! 

Current binge watching obsession: We're powering through Space Force. It's not TERRIBLE, but it's not as good as you would think something with such an all-star cast would be. 

Most popular game: The Mind. It's a fun card game. And kind of addictive. 

Boredness scale 1 to 10: 5. I did ok today. But, Asa still has two hours of work left, and I'm not sure what I'm going to do with that. 

Frozen II Watchthroughs: 43. Once today. 

How many times we've walked the loop: 63. I think I'm going to get back to walking and sweating tomorrow. 

Days Down: 81. 

Days Remaining: Undetermined. 


No comments:

Post a Comment