Thursday, June 11, 2020

Social Distancing Journal, Days 87, 88, 89 & 90

Hey guys. I know, I'm going longer and longer between blogs. Maybe it's time to switch to weeks. 

Since I last blogged, the US has passed 2 million cases. Florida is finally seeing their spike from opening, and it's significant. We've had at least 1,000 cases for a week now (I think one day was at like 990 or something). But, twice in the last week we've seen the "biggest number" since Coronavirus started being reported. Now, I know we need to focus on positivity rates, and while Florida's is creeping up, it's not crazy, yet. So, we'll keep an eye on all of that. Arizona, Texas, and North Carolina are in the same boat with us. 

Anyway, I'll do a quick recap of what we've been doing around here. 

Monday Hayden and I did another Animation class. 


We drew Ray from Princess and the Frog. 


We had what might end up being the last Jones Soda draft. Costco isn't carrying it anymore. 


Tuesday we celebrated Kennedy's birthday about a week and a half late. 


I might not have had a JFK shirt to wear, but I did have socks. 


Delano tried to eat Asa's toes and got a stern talking to. 


Calib took his first statistics test. 


Hayden and I made some banana bread. 


And we were all feeling a little fiesty. 


By Wednesday things had settled down a little bit. 


Rock Band got broken out. 


And, apparently day 89 is when you get so bored you go from cleaning the baseboards to painting them. 


But we also got everyone to go to the pool! 


I mostly floated, while everyone else played Emoji ball. 


Apparently, Emoji ball is exhausting. 


So exhausting we just ended up ordering in dinner. 


Today Asa worked this morning, while I cleaned up and the boys played some Rock Band. 


Then Asa and I went out to Costco to get some special things for our anniversary week. If we can't be at Disney we can live it up at home in a socially-distant-day-cation kind of way, right? 

And then we went to the pool before the afternoon storms rolled in. 


Most popular "hurricane snacks": Just got Publix Cookies from the Bakery that are popular. 

Current binge watching obsession: Started Billions Season 5 today. 

Most popular game: Civ and Moving Out.

Boredness scale 1 to 10: 5. I'm settling in ok on day 90. 

Frozen II Watchthroughs: 48. We're trying to come up with something special to do for watch through '50. 

How many times we've walked the loop: 66. It's been really swampy. 

Days Down: 90

Days Remaining: Undetermined.

No comments:

Post a Comment