Tuesday, June 23, 2020

Social Distancing Journal, Days 100, 101 & 102

You guys. It has been 102 days since shit hit the fan and life turned upside down. That's.... something. Cases went down, over the weekend, and I was really worried about Florida's numbers today. But, they were only in the 3,000s. So, I mean, not great, but not the worst. Still a high positivity rate. 

However, on the upside, just hours ago Pasco County issued a mandatory mask order if you're inside in public, and I couldn't be more happy about it. Less than half the people I've come across going into grocery stores, take out places, and gas stations are sporting masks- and that's all about to change. The only grocery store I was ok going to was Costco, because people had to wear masks- and now everyone does. I just might be able to go to Jenn and Kayla's new greenwise Publix! 

At first just Tampa issued a mask order, but Hillsborough county soon followed suit. I might be able to swing by Trader Joes to pick up a couple of jars of 21 seasoning salute, and that's exciting. I mean, I'm going to wait a little and see what the numbers do- but I feel like a mandatory mask order gives us back some freedoms. At least people who want a happy medium between let's all go out to bars without masks on and party and let's stay home until their is a vaccine. 

However, in all of this- some of you might have heard about Rebekah Jones. She was in charge of our Covid Dashboard when it first appeared, keeping track of posting data. Dr. Birx at the White House even said how great it was. Then, she got fired. The state says it was for insubordination. She says it was because they wanted her to manipulate and leave out data. Now, I'm no conspiracy theorist, but given the way our governor has acted and false info he's given (that public data contridicts) gives her argument some credence. She posted hours ago that multiple sources at the Department of Health have told her they've been instructed to manipulate the numbers so that we can move to the next phase and open more things up by July 4th. I don't know if it's true. But, I wouldn't put it past Florida. 

In other news, Florida is moving full speed ahead for now. The RNC is moving to Jacksonville, a presidential debate to Miami. The NBA is going to finish out their season at Disney- speaking of which, some resorts opened yesterday. We've also passed the 100,000 cases mark in Florida. Something like 25% of that has been in the last week. My county is only about 1,000 of that. But, Tampa and Pinellas and Orlando are now colored in "dark blue" for having over 5,000 cases- something until the last week was reserved only for south Florida (the Miami area). 

But lets rewind to Sunday. I am excited I put my Mine Mine Mine coffee mug as my summer choice. 


And Asa and I took our usual weekend bike ride. We're discussing possibly investing in a bike rack to get ourselves a change of scenery. 


We also decided we didn't want to cook, and we'd extend our anniversary celebration an extra day- we kind of deserved it. So we went out and got some Wawa smoothies and coffees. If you order online and pick up in store, you have to be inside for less than a minute to pick it up. 


And we got some Burger King to bring back for everyone. 


And then, per the usual- pool time. We have to use it while we can! 


Asa and I also go to finishing our picture wall. 


And there you have it- a wall ten years in the making. There are pictures from our wedding day, through and including our 10th anniversary. Every single picture in picture is up there, there's a bunch of dip kiss pictures, and Disney pictures. Taken everywhere from Hawaii to Alaska, to Mexico, to where we met at Cedar Point. Below is just a sampling. It's hard to get it all in one picture. 



Some days call for two trips to the pool. 


We made Lobster Ravioli for dinner on Sunday to have one more dinner at our table. Truth be told, we're going to leave it in our room through the summer- we bought it for outside, but it's getting so hot out now, we wouldn't really use it. And now it's just kind of nice for a calm, quiet dinner. We might even leave it in our room through the pandemic for date nights. 


After dinner though, we finally let all the dogs back in our room. They had been barred all week, so they were pretty happy about it. (Phenom, of course, got to sleep in his bed in our room though, we're not monsters). 


Monday morning Disney opened their park reservations for hotel guests. We technically moved our reservation to Fort Wilderness in late July. I'm not entirely sure we will keep it, but just in case, I wanted to grab some park reservations. Even though we might go but not even set foot in a park. You'd rather have it and not want it, then want it and not have it. But, it was kind of a mess. Even though it was opened only for people with resort reservations it took me an hour and half to get anywhere. The timer would get down to 8 minutes, 7 minutes, 5 minutes, and then reset back to 15... over and over and over again. 


I did get them eventually, so we'll see. Passholders are allowed to reserve day trips starting Friday. I feel like that might be a mess too. Passholders are only allowed to have three days at a time (or the length of a resort stay), but it is unclear if you have resort reservations if that replaces your three days- it worked that way with fastpasses, I'm hoping it doesn't work that way for park reservations). 

With all that eating out, and eating yummy-yet high calorie- food, Asa and I are back to lentils and cauliflower rice for the week, and taking our  after lunch walks. 


Meanwhile, I've been trying to catch up on my blogs. No better place to do that than in the blanket fort. 


This morning, I walked Ellie and then ordered a brand new refrigerator. Our tax return finally came in today, which was good because it was the last day the fridge we wanted was on sale at Costco. This one is fancy. It looks like you can put whipped cream in the door, and ice actually comes out. Oh, and I presume it doesn't need defrosted once a week and leak on the floor. You might remember we ordered a garage fridge early on during quarantine. This is the upgrade for the kitchen we've really needed. 

After the order was placed, we had lunch and took our walk. But man, it is getting hot out there. Heat index is over 100 these days (real temp in the mid-90s), and we aren't even getting afternoon storms yet. 


But I did decide, even in the heat, I was going to take my bike and load up all the plastic that needed recycled and head to Publix. They have recycling bins of plastic and paper there, and you don't have to go inside the store to deposit it. But man, it was a hot trip. I worked off some of those calories from anniversary week for sure. 


On the way back, I came across an armadillo, too. No gator sightings lately though. 


And then to cool off, Hayden and I went over to the pool. It's Asa's long day (as was yesterday) and he's got lots to catch up on. But, the good news is tomorrow he's done by 3:30, and then it's practically the weekend again! 


I leave you with the count, which I haven't done in awhile- and some cute puppy pictures. 


Most popular "hurricane snacks": Amorette's desserts! 

Current binge watching obsession: We caught up on Billions. Then we spent a few nights watching some movies, and last night we started Westworld. We've also been watching the Bachelor Greatest Seasons, because there's nothing else on these days. 

Most popular game: Hayden and Calib have been playing Civ and chess

Boredness scale 1 to 10: 2. I'm ok lately. 

Frozen II Watchthroughs: 49. We almost put it on just now for our 50th watchthrough, but opted for Princess and the Frog instead. 

How many times we've walked the loop: 68. We're back to once a day. 

Days Down: 102

Days Remaining: Undetermined.

No comments:

Post a Comment