Monday, June 15, 2020

Social Distancing Journal, Day 91, 92, & 93

I'm trying to get caught up on my blog here real quick. 

If you've been paying attention at all, you might have heard Florida cases are on the rise. We had like 2,500 on Saturday, which was a little jarring. Sunday's number was still over 2,000. Today. it was 1,700. We'll see what tomorrow brings, but those numbers, even with more testing do seem concerning. Some bars and restaurants in the Tampa Bay area have had to close because of Covid outbreaks, but other than that it seems like business as usual. When you are out there are signs letting you know everyone is open, signs for summer camps, and gas is back up to $1.99 a gallon. So, like, things start to get back to "normal", but I don't know, it seems a little irresponsible. At least to me. 

We did actually go out today for our first recreational activity in over 100 days (the last real fun thing, besides lunch, that we went out to do was Leap Day at the Zoo.) 

But, I'll get to that in my next blog. 

Instead, for this one, I'll just get you caught up. 

I went out to get some lawn work done on Friday. It was complicated by a three-wheeled lawn mower. 


And there is no re-attaching that. So, we're going to have to get a new one, pretty quickly. It's summer in Florida, which means the grass needs mowed like at least once a week. 


Between the canceled Disney anniversary and that, I was feeling bummed. Luckily, I had carbs to make me feel better. 


And we also got a couple of special deliveries for our anniversary week. 


Speaking of our anniversary, I also got a special project for it started. 


And we splurged on some new bedding to make our room feel a little more cozy. 


And we still have the neighbor's pool to use, so that helps. 


It's a great reward for house sitting and pool cleaning. 


We also went and did a Kohls pick up order, and a PDQ trip, which was quick and nearly contactless. 


And we zoomed with mom to check in on her. 


Some days though, I wish I was the dogs. They don't seem to mind quarantine. 


But they also can't have No Way Jose's, which I've had twice in the last three days. 


We've had some rock band going on. 


And yesterday everyone went to the pool! 


We even brought over some snacks and drinks and made an afternoon of it. 


We are also working on another project. We're turning a wall into our room of a mural of pictures from our last ten years together. 


Last night we picked up Pollo Tropical for dinner. We ordered the pantry stuff, but they gave us catering sized stuff instead. That's  A LOT of beans. 


Most popular "hurricane snacks": Ice Cream!

Current binge watching obsession: Almost caught up on Billions

Most popular game: Civ and Moving Out (we're 97% done with Moving Out)

Boredness scale 1 to 10: 3. Like, I'm not bored. I'm just sad. 

Frozen II Watchthroughs: Still stuck on 48. 

How many times we've walked the loop: Still stuck on 66. 

Days Down: 93

Days Remaining: Undetermined.



No comments:

Post a Comment