Friday, June 20, 2014

Bowling for Sports Week

Happy Friday, everyone! It's been a busy day around here today, which I guess evens out with the low-key last two days. Asa had to work (tomorrow and Sunday too, boo!) so I took the boys out and about with me. 

Today was bowling day (you know, because it's sort of Sports week, even if we haven't done a lot for it). I had signed us up for the free bowling all summer, but the bowling alley's aren't too close to here, and you still have to pay for shoe rentals (at $3 a piece, so it's still $9 for just the boys to bowl 'free'). But then I heard Pin Chasers was giving out cards for five free games to kids for the summer. Pinchasers includes shoe rentals in the price, so I was pretty excited about this. I signed the boys up for it today, and learned the first game doesn't even count towards the five free, so really it's six games of bowling for free. I was going to bowl with them, but I was wearing flip-flops, and they were out of socks (they usually give them out free), so I sat this one out. Even if I had bowled, it would have only been $6.95. I'm pretty pleased about the deal. With shoe rental included, and a closer and more convenient drive, I don't really mind that it's only 6 games of bowling, compared to the two 'free' games at some of the other places. 


The boys were happy too. We got there, and didn't have to wait for a lane. 


Calib and Hayden elected to use bumpers. 


Peyton, however, decided he would go without. 


Their scores reflected the use of bumpers. But, they all had a good time and it was totally free! 


We knew Friday was our plate picking up day, and only a few miles from the Safety Harbor Library (the pick up spot), is Costco. So, we picked up some dog food, Frontline, and essentials, and I bought the boys lunch. They were cheap lunch dates! (Only $3.44 for a smoothie and a piece of pizza, gotta love Costco!) 


After lunch we went over to the library, but our plates hadn't arrived from the studio yet, so we needed to kill some time. 


I took the boys over to Crispers across the street, and we split a brownie topped with gelato. 


We sat outside, and while it was hot-- not too unbearable for Florida in June. 


Then we decided to take the short walk down to the water. 


We checked out all the boats. This town is so cute, it reminds me sort of Huron with the boat basin- yes, I guess there's a few things I miss about Ohio OCCASIONALLY. Huron was a cute little town to live in (in the summer of course). The houses along the bay here are awfully impressive too, it reminds me of the chaussee. (I do miss Cedar Point a teenie tiny bit in the summer too, a lot of my favorite memories are there!) 


But, the Bay is a little different than Lake Erie, in a good way. It's warmer, and cleaner, and prettier. 


Peyton, Hayden and I went down on the rocks to climb around. 


While Calib waited for us. He claimed his footwear was not conducive to water/rock climbing. Weird kid refuses to wear sandals, and always has shoes AND socks on. I don't know where he gets it from. 


We even found a few baby crabs in the rocks. 


I think Peyton and Hayden would have stayed out there all day. 


We walked back toward the library, and identified all the flags outside the Safety Harbor Resort and Spa. 


And walked past all the cute shops in downtown. 


By the time we got back to the library, our plates STILL weren't there, three hours after they said they'd be ready for pick up. So, the boys and I settled in and I taught them how to play chess. Peyton beat Hayden, and then Calib also beat Hayden. 


Finally, our plates were ready at just around 3. They were worth the wait though, they all came out great! 




By the time we got home, Asa didn't have a whole lot of time left in his shift. I did feel bad about missing out on the rootbeer floats earlier this week, so I made up for it with Rum and Margaritas from Costco!  


Asa made an awesome dinner while I got caught up with a couple of things I needed to do. He breaded the chicken with Cheerio's! And it was very, very good (I just realized I should see if he can make the Captain Crunch French Toast Clint cooked for us all. That was soo good!) 


In case you're wondering how Dipper is doing, his second night here was a little rough. He spent most of it pouncing on my moving feet, and hardly any of it sleeping. But, he seems to be enjoying himself. 


And while I was gone, I got this picture from Asa. I think Dipper found a friend in Sophs. 


Calib and Peyton are off at their Teen Summer Reading Event. It's a Zombies vs. Humans Nerf Gun Fight. Asa and Hayden are playing some Wii U, and I'm enjoying the peace and quiet. 

Next Up: I think a laundry/errand/chore day may be in my future. But I'm sure we'll find something fun to do, too! 


No comments:

Post a Comment