Sunday, June 29, 2014

Week 27: It's Beach and Water Week!


Welcome to Beach and Water Week! Though, this week is always beach and water week by default. Not only does it contain the 4th of July and the WATERstraut Olympics, but also the 3rd of July (which is always a Disney day-- usually the water park), and Peyton's birthday (which normally involves fishing, though I think he's passing on that this year). 

I had plans to hit the beach today, but when we learned it was going to feel like 107 degrees today, the boys groaned when I suggested such a day. They just replied with "Can't we go to the pool instead?' I aim to please, and the beach was probably super crowded anyway. Last time we attempted a Honeymoon Island trip on the weekend it took 30 minutes to get across the bridge, and then we ended up in a rocky area, because that's the only spots that were left. So, I didn't mind the change of plans too much. 

So between breakfast and lunch, we went down to the pool. The water is getting a little warm for my liking- it's hardly refreshing anymore, and in a few weeks it'll feel like bath water. 


But it was super nice to be down there on a weekend without very many other people in the pool. 




After lunch, we took turns playing the WiiU. It's super fun! 


Then we played some board games.


For dinner we had a cookout. I got 5 corn on the cob at Target for 80 cents. I know to you Ohio folks, that might not seem impressive. But, I'm pretty sure that's the cheapest I have ever seen them in Florida. Peyton shucked them for me too! 


After dinner we had a S'mores bar! It was something I had put on the summer bucket list, because I always see it on Pinterest. It was a nice twist on the classic smore. 


Peyton was particularly fond of putting strawberries on his. 


And it was one more thing off our summer bucket list! 


I think we have plans of DDR, Big Brother, and maybe some more WiiU for the rest of the evening. Asa is back to work from home tomorrow, so it feels pretty relaxed around here tonight. 

Next Up: Water Baseball (If the weather cooperates, I hear we might be in for some rain) 

No comments:

Post a Comment