Saturday, June 21, 2014

Welcome to Summer-ER

Quick post tonight, because all I really did today was run around doing errands, and straightening up the house, and folding laundry. While I was super productive, it doesn't make for an entertaining blog. Asa worked, Calib volunteered at the library, Peyton and Hayden played WiiU, and we all complained about the heat. It's the first day of summer, and this morning when I realized it, I had visions of playing croquet outside and having a smores bar. Then I realized it's about 1000 degrees outside. As we say here, it's summer-er, to later be followed by summer-est. This is when we pay for living in Florida.

But, we did have one activity today for theme week: We made our own nunchucks out of pool noodles and duct tape.


The good thing about these nunchcucks: it's totally cool to hit your brothers with them. 


But getting the boys to take a picture with them wasn't super easy. Hayden told Asa it was his favorite summer activity so far. Quick side note: Today he was telling me all about things that happened in certain decades. He has a good memory! 


We also had free pizza for dinner tonight. Everytime anyone pitches a no-hitter this summer, Domino's gives away 20,000 free pizzas. We were one of those lucky winners. 


We did hit the pool after dinner, but I didn't take my camera. It was pretty crowded, and we didn't stay too long, but we did get to cool off. 

Up Next: We're sending out Sports Week (no matter how small it was) with a bang! 

No comments:

Post a Comment