Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Bringing Disney Movies to Life!

Today we celebrated Disney Movies, old and new. After the boys did some school work, while I worked on some things for next and we had lunch, we started in on our activities for theme week. Today was a nod to Disney movies. 


We started with some pot painting, using classic Disney characters as inspiration. 




Hayden's is a nod to Mickey, of course. 


Calib's is Goofy inspired. 


And Peyton picked Pluto. 


Next up was a project that I was pretty excited about when I first found it on Pinterest. Though it involved some paper mache (which Peyton HATES- because he doesn't like messes), everyone happily worked on theirs. 


So what are they exactly? Well, I'll let you know tomorrow when they are all finished. Here's your hint: they are from a very popular new Disney film. 


Then I got out all kinds of sweet treats for our last activity of the day. Any ideas what new Disney movie this is from? 


I set the boys up each with their own bags of frosting, cut for piping so they could use it as 'glue'. 


Then I let them go to town! (I know, not the healthiest week ever) 


So, have you figured it out yet? It's from Wreck-It-Ralph! We made cars out of candy and sweets like the cars in the Sugar Crush game in the movie Wreck-It-Ralph! The boys hummed the song the whole time they were putting them together. 

Here is Calib's car. 


And Hayden's car. 


And Peyton's Car. 


After our theme week activities I made a trip to Target. I made a couple today- I forgot I needed some stuff for dinner and had to go back, but it wasn't so bad because I have four coupons for $1.50 off 3 up-and-up (Target brand) school supplies. The catch is you can only use one per visit. On another visit I got three packs of index cards for free! It was the first time on a receipt that it said the return value was $0.00. Ha! But anyway, the glue sticks and paint came to like 40 cents after my coupon, but I'll still take it! The shampoo/conditioner 2 packs were a crazy good deal too. The whole order was $2.22! 


While we were busy with our stuff today, Asa was REALLY busy. He took EIGHTY-THREE calls today (a new record!) He was delirious by the end of the day and I caught him pretending Sophie was on a call just after he clocked out today.  Good thing it's his weekend! 


Meanwhile, I made dinner and desert, both Disney movie themed of course, any guesses? 



(I even made my own meatballs for the very first time tonight! And they were awesome!) 


Our dinner of Spaghetti and meatballs was a nod to the classic Lady and the Tramp! 


(So, you know we had to do this self taken picture. ) 


Did you figure out what dessert was? 


It was the Grey Stuff! You know, from Beauty and the Beast: "Try the Grey Stuff, it's delicious, don't believe me-- ask the dishes!" (I dare you to make this stuff and not hum and/or sing that song the whole time) 


We did fit in a trip to the pool before our nightly torrential downpour. The boys listening skills were not amazing today and I knew they needed to get some energy out, so we ran them pretty ragged at the pool. Hopefully that helps for tomorrow. 

Oh, and before I go, last night after I posted a blog, a friend told me about a site where you could design your own muppet, so of course we had to do that on muppets day. (You can even order them but they're ridiculously pricey) Here are the pictures from our designs. 




Thats it from here, we'll see you tomorrow! 

Next Up: We're Celebrating the Disney Parks! 


No comments:

Post a Comment