Thursday, July 17, 2014

Ohana Means Family

Not much to report today. We ended up nixing a trip to Disney, lots of scattered storms, and just not feeling it- we'll go during Florida week since I was looking for something to do that wouldn't be too pricey then anyway. 

I spent a good chunk of the morning running some errands, and I have more to do tomorrow (being a grown-up sure has it's drawbacks), while Asa spent his morning mowing and edging the lawn. After lunch we spent a good portion of the afternoon at the pool. We were headed out the door and I said "let me grab my camera", spent two minutes looking for it to no avail and gave up, so sadly, no  pool pictures today. But we had an awesome time, and the pool pretty much to ourselves for the afternoon. The clouds came and went, but I think the rain and storms were supposed to be more inland today. 

The only Disney related event today was dinner, but it was a doozie! Asa made the whole thing, and it was SO good. A couple of the recipes were spot on with Ohana at the Polynesian, some weren't quite as accurate. But, all in all it was delicious. I didn't have to cook, and Calib did the dishes, so it felt almost like my birthday. 

We tried the Welcome bread they serve at Ohana, and it didn't work out. (This girl needs an actual mixer when we get a bigger kitchen!) So, we took our usual banana bread recipe and replaced the banana with pineapple. It was awesome. (Not Ohana like, but still awesome) 


We had some fresh pineapple for our fruit for the evening. 


We decided to nix the chicken wings, but we did have the potstickers. 


And the salad with the honey lime dressing was spot on for Ohana. I'm requesting this one for my birthday dinner. 


We had the noodles, and some sauteed veggies (complete with the baby corn and waterchestnuts Asa likes so much).  


And while they weren't quite the steak and shrimp skewers they serve at Ohana, they were delicious none-the-less. 


Thanks again to Asa for making it all! I sure married a keeper. 


That's it for today, I told you I didn't have much to report. 

Next Up: We've got a couple of maybe things for outings tomorrow, so either we'll get to that or we'll wrap up Disney week. Guess we'll just see how it goes! 



No comments:

Post a Comment